RAM question

IbexDeath

Baseband Member
Alright, so I found out what RAM upgrades I'm compatible with, and in this link here it shows three different 1gb RAM upgrades for the same price, but three different models. What are the difference in these models, and based on what I currently have (Gigabyte Technology GA-7VAX), which one would be the best for me? If you have any questions about my intentions with my computer, see my newbie thread. :) I greatly appreciate any and all help I recieve.

Oh, and are harddrives things, like RAM upgrades, that will only work with certain setups, or are they more universal?

Will that one work with what I have? And also, I'm buying a 500gb harddrive, many different models... How do I decide which one is right for me?

Yeah, that will work.

As for a 500GB hard drive, I would recommend this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148136

Make sure you have SATA though, look on the motherboard for something like the red or orange things in this pic:
sata.jpg

None. If you're using it as the only hard drive, then you need to install Windows on it, but if you're just adding it on to the one you have, then just plug it in and it should work.

freestyler105 said:
None. If you're using it as the only hard drive, then you need to install Windows on it, but if you're just adding it on to the one you have, then just plug it in and it should work.

just to add a bit to what freestyler wrote, if you're adding it to the one that is running your windows, plug it in, it should get recognized, and then once you boot up, format it, then it should work, it should be drive D...

Copperhead said:
hard drives it's usually either sata or ide so yeah its pretty universal

the memory get pc3200 because it's fastest. but dont buy it from there, get corsair or ocz pc3200 from newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145576

i would get that one if u need a one stick gb
Alright woo I made the order for that one. :cool: :cool:

If it doesn't work, I shall show up to your doorstep wearing a dinner napkin and crunchy peanutbutter.

Back
Top Bottom