Anyway to combine C and D hardrive??

zampelliU32

Solid State Member
Hey, so im new to this site but quite experienced in computers. However, I have a laptop with a 100 (really like a 90gb) GB hardrive. However, 45 Gbs are split between the C and D drive so I have a C with 44.9 Gbs and D with 45.2 GBs. The C drive has always been the one I used and I was wondering if there is anyway to combine the two drives so I have a complete 90 GB drive. Of course, I would like to do this safely..lol
So if anyone please let me know

Thanks! ;)

ya wat he said ^
or use the xp disk but that only a good idea if u want to wipe every thing and start over

what do you mean by raid them?
and so then with partitionmagic, will it combine the drives to make one 90 gb drive then?

zampelliU32 said:
what do you mean by raid them?
and so then with partitionmagic, will it combine the drives to make one 90 gb drive then?
Yes it will.

And ignore that about RAID, that's something for if you have 2 drives, you only have 1.

Just an FYI
Alot of people like to partion their drive into 2.
That way you can have your OS on one partion, and all your files on the second.
That way if you ever need to reinstall your OS, it wont affect your files and data

well I guess that my OS is on my D (but im not sure) drive just the problem is that i only have like 1 Gb or so left on C partly because i have 13 gbs of vista files waiting to be put into use....
so maybe i just have to find a good way to divide the files up or something i guess..idk

Back
Top Bottom