hey guys quick Q

AimHer3

In Runtime
im in the process of building a new computer and i ran into a problem(s)
i got everything into the case...everything plugged into the correct spots (checked over 5 times lol) and when i go to turn it on all i get is a clicking sound :confused: an my mobo stand by light comes on but the power suply fan wont spin neither will the CPU fan....i plugged the power supply into my other computer and it turned on just fine...so i unplugged it and went to plug it back into my new computer maybe i missed a plug...but i did that and it wont turn on...then i seen a spark like inside the fan area of the power supply. so its back in the box and going back to the company an im waiting on the arrival of my new one...do you guys have idea why the PS woudnlt turn on? and is any way i could see if my mother board was damaged in that whole process?

mother board is m2n-SLI deluxe
power supply X-infinty 500W

One thing to check is to make sure the motherboard isn't shorting out on the case. Look for a misplaced standoff, anything that might be touching the mobo.

Yep, i agree with atomic, there was a lad with a similar problem yesterday, i think

such as what tho...i mean the only thing i hooked up was POWER SW,Reset SW,HDD LED,USB,

installed RAM
andPower Supply..

Did u hook up the cables to the righ place? i once put the power cable for the POWER SW in the wrong place, blew the psu and the board (in my youth lol) Also the way to see usually if the board has blown is turn it over and look for any black marks/burn marks. Hope u dont see any, but if u do then chances are uve buggered up something.

board is in mint on front and back...my main concern is do u think it was the power supply just not givin enough power to the mobo?

ohh geezus...

the mobo is touching 1 in 1 spot on the VERY corner...lol but do u think thats what it could of been..?

Edit: 2 spots

its possable yes. i when you get your new powersupply, hook it up to the comptuer, while everything is outside of the case first to make sure it works.

Back
Top Bottom