How far have YOU overclocked your E6300?

I've thought about trying to OC my P4 once I get a new computer, and trying to get it past the 4.0GHZ mark (3.0 now) but I'd have to get a new mobo, case and a good cooler since dell doesn't let you OC.

joxley1990 said:
Lol I thought that meant you had overclocked it 3.85Ghz!!
I did...it was a pretty sick OC, but it turned out to not be completely stable after a bit more testing. I'm now keeping it at a bit over 3 GHz, and it's completely stable with temperatures under load hovering around 40C.

Note that it's an E6600 though, not a E6300.

What? You increased the speed by 3.85Ghz? Cpuz shows the stock speed as 2.4Ghz, and the running speed as 3.85Ghz..

Im confused..

hey all ive never overclocked any of my computers ive built my own computers and ive been mucking around with computers for about 10 years so i think i could do it with a little help. It sounds like a laugh what are the main advantages and disadvantages to overclocking i mean it sounds like one could seriousley screw a computer up if you get it wrong ?

I've been reading your posts on this forum for a week or so now and it sounds like you lot know what your talking about i however do not sometimes so my appolagies if i sound like a bit of a noob so any advise and help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom