Question about IE7

tomirlik

In Runtime
Why is it that some websites, namely those with graphics, operate for sluggishly in terms of scrolling through the pages? Also, when I try to highlight text for copying, it is also very sluggish. I don't think this is normal, because I used to use Firefox and such a problem did not exist.

i use IE7 and don't have that problem... give clearing temp folders a try. also see what the settings for IE are at. If they are too defensive then it can slow things down trying to block things.

I don't have phishing filter enabled, only pop-up blocker, a anti-virus program, and Windows Firewall. About security, everything is set at nominal. Could it just be my graphic card, a x550, that is slowing IE7 sometimes.

It almost sounds like you don't have the video card drivers installed. Try updating the drivers to a newer version.

Does this happen in any other applications, or just in IE7?

Atomic Rooster said:
It almost sounds like you don't have the video card drivers installed. Try updating the drivers to a newer version.

Does this happen in any other applications, or just in IE7?
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.

it might be IE7. a few of my friends could not even view websites, or if the did load the would show up with no graphics, css, or very laggy (thank god for firefox). but i talk to verizon and optimum for my friends that are shy (lol) and both told me microsoft is having errors with IE7.

I onl have drivers I got from summer 06, so maybe ill upgrade those. I have an ATI card, so should I just get the entire Catalyst Control Centre driver install, or just the driver itself.

Well, i'm a firefox user and one thing i've found with Firefox apposed to Opera is the scrolling is a bit sluggish...if you don't believe me try this

Open a page,preferably a topic that is fairly long, go to the top and hold the down arrow key, see how it makes the text quite hard to read...now do they same in Opera and it will be much smoother...not sure about IE

Matt

IE7 doesnt seem to work for me, it freezes , does anyone else have this prob. Itll be working fine then thats it frozen. Now ive uninstalled it IE6 is doing it too randomly.

Ive had problems in the past, but a full reset of IE7 normally does the trick for me.

Back
Top Bottom