Problem Fitting Intel Stock Heatsink

mattman5678

Baseband Member
Agh my hands are tired from trying,

The Screw method that they give is a very tough method.
It seems like it doesnt matter which way I screw the top, it wont lock.

Also if I try to get a diagonal to one I already tried to get in, other side pops out.

X is the screw is out, 0 is in
like this:

0 0

X X
I try bottom right,

I try bottom left,
X X

0 0
Etc....
Can anyone help me with using Intel stock fan?

mattman5678 said:
Agh my hands are tired from trying,

The Screw method that they give is a very tough method.
It seems like it doesnt matter which way I screw the top, it wont lock.

Also if I try to get a diagonal to one I already tried to get in, other side pops out.

X is the screw is out, 0 is in
like this:

0 0

X X
I try bottom right,

I try bottom left,
X X

0 0
Etc....
Can anyone help me with using Intel stock fan?

what socket is it...?

Yeah, those HSFs can be a b*tch to install...my Tuniq Tower 120 took me forever, and then I realized it was facing the wrong way...

Well iv'e built a few comps, mostly AMD...first Intel i built was a Core Duo, it was pathetic....heatsink wouldn't sit in properly or lock in, troubles galore...Finally got it in then found out Motherboard was knackered lol, was quite peed...

Matt

freestyler105 said:
Yeah, those HSFs can be a b*tch to install...my Tuniq Tower 120 took me forever, and then I realized it was facing the wrong way...

being it was my first install of that kind, it took me about 5 minutes to figure out which was the "contacted" side on my aerocool HSF (the supporters were paired off into different heights so it kinda mattered)...

no diagrams, just pictures about 1" x 1.25", it was a nightmare and I still don't think it's on right...

I may try again when I transfer everything into my new case that I got today, I think I may have been a little sloppy with the heatsink compound that came with the aerocool, and by weird coincidence, my HSF now matches my new case :D, I wasn't even looking for a case today but it was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up...

Lol, I'm still running everything outside my case...probably not good for the parts, but I need to get some new screws.

If you read the instructions that come with your heatsink, it makes it really easy. Only took me a few seconds to do my first time.

cabbspapp said:
If you read the instructions that come with your heatsink, it makes it really easy. Only took me a few seconds to do my first time.

Yeah, I must admit the AM2 instructions that came with my cpu/heatsink were very good, no problems......But I do think the Intel's instructions were a bit unclear and misleading, I thought it was more of a pain to do than the AMD anyway...

Matt

Back
Top Bottom