Car Thread!

I use the term fart can to describe an exhaust with the muffler at the tip. I don't know why they make them, the ones further upstream are just as good and look a lot better than the "cantaloupe launcher" style.

Dot Cong said:
I mean, the engine is SIDEWAYS! It's like it's retarded or something (not dissing anyone's cars) it just bugs me. And there is no way the weight is distributed evenly when you're engine is offset. I'll stick to older cars, where the engine is in the middle and HUGE.

That's how it works with wrong wheel drive. But even the Lotus Exige and Toyota MR2, two of many similar superb handling cars use a sideways mounted engine near the back of the car. That way they can be mid-engine and balance out the car to get near a 50-50 weight distribution.

my dad has 50-50 weight distro and its a Front Engine RWD car...(2001 BMW 330i)

oh and about "Fart Cans" that is in direct reference to the muffler and nothing else...a Cat-back is called a cat-back

car4.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car1.jpg

i'm still learning how to use my canon, Better pictures that weren't taken in the winter will come.
Just bought it, and got approved for my first big time loan(besides school loan) at 9.19%
$10,789 out the door, then i put $3,000 down.
2001 Honda Accord EX 2.4 Ltr. Stock(For now) 5 speed manual 78k miles

Those are pretty capable cars.

OK guys, finally got it... I promised exhaust sound clips and here it is.

Make sure you turn it up really loud so you can hear it. And the rev at the end is to 4K, I still had another 2K RPM to go but I just backed off cause there were a bunch of cops out tonight and I didn't feel like talking to any of them about racing the engine in the garage. But this gives you a good idea of WHAT BORLA CAN DO FOR YOU! :D

Dot Cong said:
I mean, the engine is SIDEWAYS! It's like it's retarded or something (not dissing anyone's cars) it just bugs me. And there is no way the weight is distributed evenly when you're engine is offset. I'll stick to older cars, where the engine is in the middle and HUGE.

boxer engines are sideways....lol

Washed the car today with my buddy and went out for a photoshoot. I think I'm going to be up for Ride of the Month this time but I don't think I'm going to win, there are some NICE ones competing against me.
100_1399.jpg

100_1411.jpg

100_1419.jpg

100_1421.jpg

100_1423.jpg

Mine is the blue one, by the way. His is way nice, got a little in the engine, some suspension parts, and just recently put a Turion computer in.

Automatics can be fast. Just drop it in low gear, hit the pedal to the floor and shift up. It's a quick way to gain momentum on anybody. Although it's highly recommended you don't do this often since that wasn't it's original intention.

That's bad for the trans, I just put mine in D and go. It shifts faster by itself, anyway... if I tried to do it I would slow it down. Might head to the 1/4 track tomorrow so if I do I'll let you guys know what goes down.

Back
Top Bottom