Any suggestions on errors?

I'm really getting sick of this. I've reformatted my computer for the 3rd time in a few months but I keep getting the same 2 error messages.

C:\DOCUME~1\Matt\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER99ba.dir00\Mini022407-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Matt\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER99ba.dir00\sysdata.xml

I had my system overclocked but after the 2nd format I restored all default settings to see if that was the problem. No good. I'm running SP2 and it installs fine. Order I installed everything were OS, SP2, Motherboard Drivers, Video Drivers, Sound drivers, App's.

What happens is all of the sudden my computer will just shutdown and reboot. Sometimes it runs for hours without any problems. Sometimes it will shutdown faster. If I try and play a game such as BF2 it normally takes about 5-10 mins then it locks up.

Is there any email address were I can correspond with Microsoft to figure out how to fix this? Is it possible that my SP2 is corrupt in anyway? I wouldn't think it would install if some files were jacked in it correct?

I really have no freaking clue what to do and this is starting to really piss me off. I'm about ready to go buy vista ultimate and say the hell with it. I know what your thinking i'll run into problems there as well. But damn it at least it will look good!

Hey thanks for that link! Thats the first one i've found with a download to possibly resolve it. I'm downloading it as I'm writing this. I actually had the below link but it just seemed like everybody was posting about getting the error and nobody was replying on how to fix it LOL. Some people suggested it had to do with temps but i've put mine back to stock and still doing it. With load temps around 46C. Perhaps I didn't go deep enough into the thread. I did find a few people that suggested it has something to do with a file downloaded from norton anti virus so I may try un-installing norton and swapping it out. Any suggestions on a good AntiVirus-Firewall? Would like something free or something with a one time fee i'm not crazy about paying for something then paying to download updates. I think thats crazy could you imagine if Microsoft tried to make us pay for are updates!

Thanks again for the link i'll let you know if it worked. I'll hook you up with some rep for it!! :)

Well so much for that. Moments after I finished my post it finished downloading. When I try to load it in it says that the service pack I have installed is newer and can only be installed on computers without service packs. So would I have to reformat my computer install this update then install SP2?

If it says that, chances are that update was included with SP2, sorry....A good Antivirus-firewall combo hmm...

I use Avast! for anti-virus and firewall I am currently using the Windows XP one, but if you want a decent one, ZoneAlarm free is good. As for your problem, i read somewhere else there is a possibility it could have something to do with your RAM, i suggest you run a Memory Test to see how the RAM goes, heres a link...

http://www.memtest86.com/

Hope this helps,

Matt

Already tried that lol. Everythings good in the ram department. This is just frustrating me. I'm in the process of downloading a program to pause downloads. Then i'll attempt to download the latest drivers for my GPU. 156mb on dial up. You can see why I need to download something to pause it with first. My luck it my computer will crash in the middle of it hope it still saves it. I saw some posts suggesting that there might be a issue with ATI and there drivers causing this error. Guess my gpu may go up on ebay if the new drivers don't help.

dumb question but need to ask, have you deleted your temp folders? seeing as how the files that are erring out are in there?

Back
Top Bottom