Need new HDD's

clandestinex337

In Runtime
Ok my current HDD isn't cutting it. Its a old HDD from the late 1990's.. And yea its only 40gigs. So Vista takes 15gigs and my game takes 21gigs (its vanguard for people that says WTF a game thats 21gigs big!?) And updates/patches.. My entire HDD is field. I only have around 76MB free space.

So I was thinking of getting the 150gig Raptor HDD

Should this be good? Or should i spend my money on something else?

I want something that is really fast, and wont have to be upgraded for a while.

SO maybe raid 0 two HDD's instead of getting the raptor?

Again. I want an upgrade so i want something fast that will blow me away from my 40gig HDD that im used to :)

thanks

I guess I worded that wrong. I'd get a Raptor in a second. They're just very expensive for the not very high capacity.

so the 74gig Raptor should be fine, and just get a 300-500gig one for everything else?

like is the OS the only thing that really needs a fast HDD? Or does other things like programs, games require alot on the HDD speed?

Depends on the game. For example, when I upgraded to a SATA drive, I noticed a great speed increase in Oblivion, because it's such a huge world. Other games may not get that much of a speed increase.

And most regular apps (e-mail, web browsing, etc.) won't need a fast drive.

I use raptors for my OSs and my VPCs, they increased the performance by about a third. You will see an improvement from whatever drive you use, because that drive your currently using is old and they have made alot of speed advances since then. Also, you only have 76Mb of free space left, so that will slow it down even more, as a general rule, you should have 20% space free on your partition.

Back
Top Bottom