20pin help.

CompMan said:
k thanks, do you think it will be alright over the weekend, its running fine, but I'm going to buy that converter thing but newegg doesn't ship on weekends.

CompMan, you might want to read the whole quote again, it says the adapter isn't the real answer either, it basically said that the only really good solution is buying a compatible power supply...

it said the adapter "usually makes things worse"...

I've been using a PSU with a 20 pin 12V connector on my A8n-sli deluxe with a 24 pin connection for almost 2 years now. No problems yet.

Ð88 said:
I've been using a PSU with a 20 pin 12V connector on my A8n-sli deluxe with a 24 pin connection for almost 2 years now. No problems yet.

no one's telling him not to do it and guaranteeing that some of his components will meet an untimely end, just putting some information out there to help him in the decision making process...

CompMan said:
Ok, well will it be alright over the weekend then buy a new power supply?

you never know, it could takes hours, days, or years before it causes any problems, or it may never cause you any problems...

the decision is yours to make...

I'm the "better safe than sorry" type myself, especially if I had a decent setup (which I don't :D )...

I'm checking out the power supplies myself (thinking about going modular because I plan on upgrading)...

wol-va-rine said:
you never know, it could takes hours, days, or years before it causes any problems, or it may never cause you any problems...

the decision is yours to make...

I'm the "better safe than sorry" type myself, especially if I had a decent setup (which I don't :D )...

I'm checking out the power supplies myself (thinking about going modular because I plan on upgrading)...
Ugh, I wish I got a modular PSU. My next one will definitely be modular. It just makes my case look so messy...

The one I have is modular, its cool because you only use the wires that you need.

Hmm . . .

I wonder if you could contact Ultra and get a 24 pin power lead since you have a modular PSU. Not sure if that would work, but it might be worth a shot. Their customer service is quick to answer.

Atomic Rooster said:
Hmm . . .

I wonder if you could contact Ultra and get a 24 pin power lead since you have a modular PSU. Not sure if that would work, but it might be worth a shot. Their customer service is quick to answer.

Worth the try, I'll call them right now! Thanks! lol

Back
Top Bottom