Laptop Graphic Card Question PLEASE HELP!!

niceties55

Daemon Poster
I have a Compaq nx6125. And it has a pci express slot in it. And I was wondering if i could slide in a graphics card in that slot.

If not, how can i update the card?

I mean it has ExpressCard slot in it.

Where exactly are you thinking that you have PCI-E? If its some external slot then your mistaken

if u mean extrenal no your wrong
if u mean in the notebook its self ya
but u need like a latop edition and i really dont no wair to find em

Looking at a few sites for u, and it seems to be a common misconception that there will be gfx in the express card slot...

They do SATA etc and LAN but not gfx i dont think, the speed is only pcie1x as opposed to the faster 8 and 16x gfx u get on desktops so i dont think they will hold much speed over the internal gfx gpu in the laptop, so unless im mistaken it looks like its impossible to upgrade ur gfx via that slot.

Some companies offer gfx updates for thier laptops, ive seen one on a site just now, maybe compaq do? Might be worth emailing them and asking.

You cannot upgrade the graphics in that laptop as it has an integrated (on-board) ATI Mobility Radeon X300. If it had a dedicated video card like the one you posted from eBay, you may have been able to install a more powerful solution.

Back
Top Bottom