We need a jokes section

Status
Not open for further replies.
well... you'll just have to be disciplined enough to not write LOL after every joke unless you have something else to say really.

in fact how about we make it a rule of the thread.

post your jokes in the jokes thread, and only reply with sensible replies, hopefully to include a joke.

then if there are any posts that just say lol or lmao, you can report then and I (and other mods) will just split those remarks from the thread.

there, now there can be no confusion at all.

we do not need another section so every joke can have it's own thread, just so people can bump up their post count posting "lol" or "lmao"

I know it would work (having a thread) even if people say LOL, because I've saw it on another forum I go to, but I think it would be much neater and more organized to have a joke section with threads inside that.

OK, here is what I really think. taking everything into consideration.

firstly, a jokes section might be a good idea in principal, but honestly, there aren't that many jokes told here anyway, so it'd be the slowest section on the forum.

page realestate is tight anyway, david likes to keep that minimalistic look.
-remember how hard it was to fight for a media section.

the only reason why many jokes arnt posted here is because there is not a dedicated section to post them in. i recon it would be quite popular. id check it alot. i think its a good idea :)

root said:
OK, here is what I really think. taking everything into consideration.

firstly, a jokes section might be a good idea in principal, but honestly, there aren't that many jokes told here anyway, so it'd be the slowest section on the forum.

page realestate is tight anyway, david likes to keep that minimalistic look.
-remember how hard it was to fight for a media section.
It can't be any slower than some of the sections here like the sections in the webhosting category.

Tommy Boy said:
It can't be any slower than some of the sections here like the sections in the webhosting category.
Yeah, your right there. The shared hosting forum is probably dominated by bots anyway.

Le GoogelGuRu said:
Yeah, your right there. The shared hosting forum is probably dominated by bots anyway.
So then I have to ask, why are those sections still there? David is worried about adding a section that he thinks is going to be slow, but has other sections that hardly anyone posts in?

I just don't understand.

It's something everyone wants, so I don't see why they won't do it when we have every excuse beat, the posting lol or lmao thing has been resolved, now it's posting issue, yet we have a bunch of areas that generate NO response? Come on, just add the section. :rolleyes:

well...

thi is the way that I see it as i tried to explain before, it's not the case that adding a new section that will be slow is an issue, it's entierly a page realestate issue when it comes to adding new sections,

AFAIK david isn't keen to make too much scrolling happen on the fron page, and is keen to keep things looking quite minimalist, (and I like this)

if you want minimalism, then delete useless sections on the forum? That should clear up MORE then enough space, then add the Jokes Section? Which everyone wants by the way.

I just find it weird how a forum is based off of its members, yet a good 80%+ of the people who read the Social Lounge, find the jokes funny anf a good source of humor, yet you won't allow it, because of what, smaller space?

I don't see your justification for not making the section other then the fact that David, who hasn't directly commented on anything mind you, wants smaller space.

Can you please break it down and go more in-depth then "smaller space" or "no responses" or the infamous "useless posts" excuses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom