Forgien Cars

Brookfield said:
German, I live in England & I had several German-built Fords, an Orion 1.6 & four Mondeos 1.8 & 2.0, then I got a 2.0 Passat, now I have a 2.0 Audi A4 Avant, all quality cars, high safety, & drive like a dream.
seems like all the fords built elsewhere are good, most of the fords built in the US aren't that great.

mongoman said:
i like american cars.because i live in canada and it supports our economy but i really do like dodges.the worst part is i saw this pick of a hummer and dodge ram 1500 in a head on colision,and the hummer was scatterd all over the road and the dodge was still driveable.theres no way in hell that hummer should've ripped up like that.its becuse its made in foreign countrys(sorry china)with cheap metal.whare as the dodge had high quality inspection and parts checked done by americans/canadiens. sorry if i sound like im dissin chins but we need more of our own cars and stuff produced by our own country.

Haha, no offense taken.

You should complain to American automobile manufacturers to stop outsourcing and place a higher priority on quality than quantity/cheap labor. ;)

~mr mixx~ said:
You got that right yo, just can't beat the pure power of the muscle car..:p

Heh, you can at least outmaneuver it. :p Unless you're in a drag race, then you're SOL.

I've always been a hardcore Ferrari and Lamborghini fan, the very two super car manufacturer's that really started up the super car market and made it what it is today. :)

troy272 said:
seems like all the fords built elsewhere are good, most of the fords built in the US aren't that great.
American members said the same thing, on another thread, one wanted someone to recommend a good car as a first time car, I said the VW Golf, I was almost jeered off the thread, they said that Golfs were rubbish, tinny & unreliable, then somebody stepped in, & said something like what you have said here.

David Lindon said:
Yeah I do like the big old american cars, not like the little 'matchbox' cars we have over here :D

I like them too, cars from the 50s too are beautiful , huge engines, wont last much longer tho witht he current fuel and global warming problems, say good bye to the gas guzzlers!

Anubis1980 said:
I like them too, cars from the 50s too are beautiful , huge engines, wont last much longer tho witht he current fuel and global warming problems, say good bye to the gas guzzlers!

that's true. I rented that movie "who killed the electric car?" last night and I think it's pretty interesting. the GM EV1 wasn't actually a bad car but GM pulled the plug on it (bad pun sorry) and crushed them all except for a select few but they aren't running anymore. It went from 0-60MPH in around 8 seconds and held a charge for 80 miles and could be charged anywhere there's an outlet. I don't think electric cars are a bad idea, if they could get more range out of them. There is also talk of a plug-in hybrid which can be powered by electric or gas instead of using electricity to simply cruise the vehicle. They also said that the MPG would be around 100-135MPG which is pretty impressive. I'd say hybrid is probably the next big thing but who knows? As long as we're not as reliant on foreign fuel I'm happy.

German because of the BMW. Quality car but it comes with a steep price. I've driven an old Peougot and I liked the way it drove but they don't sell Peugots here in the States so definitely BMW.

alvino said:
Haha, no offense taken.
You should complain to American automobile manufacturers to stop outsourcing and place a higher priority on quality than quantity/cheap labor. ;)

yeah like they would listen :rolleyes: .....specially to a 14 year old.lol

Back
Top Bottom