open case...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
how much of a temperature difference does it really make...?

I ask because for a week or two my mobo's fan connectors weren't working and I used a rigged up 40 mm fan on my Intel stock heatsink that connected to a 4 pin from the psu with no case fans and it kept my cpu around 46*(idle)-53* celcius (with the case open)...

now I have 2 80mm case fans in addition to a push and pull fan on aerocool HT-101JR and am still running around 45* celcius, maybe I didn't put enough of the thermal compound on the contactor on the heatsink...? or is it just because my case is now closed...?

I was also kinda scared when screwing in the heatsink, I didn't wanna break my mobo and I am thinking that I was too cautious and didn't screw it on tight enough...?

Have you got your fans configured correctly? Theres a few guides online for setting them up properly

Closed case is supposed to be better as the air flow is how it shud be, ie fans working proplery in a closed area. When its open this is lost.

Raffaz said:
Have you got your fans configured correctly? Theres a few guides online for setting them up properly

yeah, I saw a post earlier in another thread and am going to check it out once I get off the computer...

rear fan blowing out the back and front fan blowing/sucking in right...? plus the heatsink fans both blow the same direction, push/pull right...? or is it better to have them both pulling from the heatsink and blowing out...?

and I forgot to mention that it's OCed now also...

No, the cpu fans are supposed to be blowing air in towards the heat sink.

And yeah, having your case closed is better, when it's open it disrupts the airflow inside.

I have all my fans blowing into the pc (5) ive tried every combination, the best way to find out which is best is to try them alllll lol. Ive found this way for me is better, lower temps etc.

Yeah, it does upset the Air Flow with the case off....and also you will find the PC has a new use....Dust Bin, I had mine off for a few days and the amount of dust it collected was horrendous!

Matt

thanks guys, and btw, speaking of cases, I went to CompUSA today to look at some round IDE cables and found a great case instead (the round IDE cables were 12 freaking dollars, no thanks, I see another Neweggventure in the very near future)...

same case at CompUSA for 49.99 after $20 rebate...

I didn't get it because I figured Newegg would have it cheaper, I was way wrong, it's roughly $80 US cheaper at CompUSA, I called the wife who was still out and she picked one up...

I am very happy...

Back
Top Bottom