freestyler's build work log

So when you exchanged them, they worked fine?

I still don't know which to get, the G.Skill or the Corsair. If I get the Corsair though, I don't think I have to pay the 15% restocking fee.

Bump, I want to request an RMA tonight, but I need to tell them if I want my money back, or a replacement.

Basically, I WANT YOU GUYS (and girls) OPINIONS!! :p

G.Skill or Corsair? Or anything else?

I decided to try a bit of OCing, even though it's not all together. I haven't pushed it at all, I just tried to get past 3 GHz, and it did it with ease I must say! Temps before were at around 30C not under load, and they only went up 10 under load at 3 GHz!!!

I'm very pleased, as you can tell, lol. Can't wait to see how far I can push it eventually!

freestyler105 said:
Bump, I want to request an RMA tonight, but I need to tell them if I want my money back, or a replacement.

Basically, I WANT YOU GUYS (and girls) OPINIONS!! :p

G.Skill or Corsair? Or anything else?

i'd say give the corsair a second try. all RAM has a chance of coming bad out of the box, its possable it happened here.

i also say that because corsair suprised me tonight. While at work today, i got a call from corsair to follow up my RMA. He said normally they don't do this, but since my ram (dominator series) has been haveing exrteamly bad luck on the 680 boards, he wanted to make sure mine were still ok.

Needless to say i was impress at the fact that 1) he was american, and 2) they took the time to check up on it. I just happened to have 2 customer computers in service at the time with my board/ram both were having ram related problems so i took a liberty to talk to him about it. He said to send RMA an email, and say he's already ok'ed it i just need conformation numbers.

+1 rep for corsiar support. give them a try, with luck it will be the same for you.

freestyler105, the new RAM worked flawlessly.

celegorm, awesome customer service FTW!

Thanks for the replies guys, +1 to the both of you, except I have to spread some around before giving it to cabbspapp again.

I can't wait to get home later today and try some heavier OCing!!!

Ive never had to deal with corsair customer support, but its good to know that they offer excellent service. :)

Tuniq Tower. It's probably the best air cooling HSF out there right now. Ahhh, my mobo is very nice, it automatically adjusts the voltages for me. Probably not the best way to do it, but for now, makes it a lot easier. The Tuniq Tower is gigantic though, about 4 times the size of the stock one. Check out these comparisons:

image005.png

Back
Top Bottom