PSU problems.

clandestinex337

In Runtime
Some more comp troubles.

Ok so i made a thread a lil while ago that is probably forgotten.

ok so i got a new PSU and case.

so i took everything out of my old case and hooked it up in my new case and with the new PSU.

start it up. Everything powers up just nothing shows on the screen. No beeps no nothing.

So alright after two weeks (this is how long ive been trying to figure out whats wrong)

I got a new motherboard, still doesn't fix the problem. Same thing.

Switched my Processor with my bros and still doesnt work. And his computer starts with my processor in it. So scratch that out.

Tried 3 types of ram. a stick of ddr400 1gig, ddr400 512mb and my bros stick of ddr400 512mb.

then i tried video cards. Soooo. I tried it with my 6800ultra and my bros 6600GT. Still nothing.

So ive tried

motherboard
CPU
RAM
video card
and two different types of monitors.

so whats that leave?

the PSU and Case......

So everything seems to be getting power. Fans/lights turn on. Can open and close the cd-driver so the PSU seems to be working right?

Ok, so my question is...

from the information provided above. could my PSU be causing these problems? Or can my case be also causing theses problems?

please any help would be great. I'm going to be buying a new PSU tomorrow. So hopefully it will fix the problem

Sorry about all problems your having. One thing that it could be, is that the motherboard is touching the case, causing a short. You've probably already done this, but make sure all connections are connected properly, cpu, video card, and ram seated properly.

yes ive installed the motherboard correctly, and everything is hooked up correctly also.

im going to open my case and double double check. But if i did have it so the case shorts the motherboard will my motherboard be fried?

Its possible, but its also possible that if you remove the cause of the short then it will be ok. Have you tested your PSU on ya bros computer?

ok... i guess something was up with the risers on the motherboard. So i have 2 risers that didnt need to be in their. So i took those out hooked everything up... and it works now :)

im soo happy. ITs been 2weeks w/o my comp HEHE!!

That would do it, they would be making contact with the mobo. For future reference, the only part that the risers should be in contact with on the mobo is the metal rings around the holes, if any part goes over the edge of the ring then its no good. Its amazing how something so simple can cause so many problems. Glad you have got it sorted :)

Back
Top Bottom