Fan Choice

BGates14

In Runtime
Looking to buy some fans for my case, I need atleast four. I'm getting the cooler master stacker so I'm going to need 5-6. I'm looking for a good price, a good color to match silver (leaning twoards blue) and a recommendation, as you have used or seen them running and they were quiet or very good.

Just look at the db rating and find the lowest one you can. And get 120mm fans if your case will support them, they can push more air at slower speeds so they're quieter.

Yes, the case supports 120mm fans. i think the case comes with two (front and back) but i'm not sure about that. i do know tho, that it does not come wiht the side fans.

I've got 5 80mm system fans in my case, and the noise never bothered me... until now, so choose wisely! i didn't check the db noise level b4 i bought. And i wish mine supported 120s!

What I'm looking at right now are the blue AeroCool Turbines, they have a pretty low DBR and got some good reviews.

Lower the better but only if they actually cool things down, some r low cos they dont spin fast, therefore dont cool much.

David Lindon said:
DB is always a trade off with CFM. Have you considered a fan controler to adjust the speeds?
Not necessarily, the bigger fans like 120 will flow the same as a 90mm but at slower speeds, so you get the same airflow with a lower speed and lower noise.

Back
Top Bottom