my network places

ASSEMBLER

In Runtime
i have a network of 3 desktops and 2 laptops and they have allways been able to see each other wired or wireless but just recently on my main pc when i double click on the my network icon i keep getting error messages saying explorer has encountered a problem or dr watson needs to close and cannot understand why.i have restored my system to a earlyer date and i syill get the same.but sometimes not often though it is ok.can anyone tell me what is going on as this one is a bit of a mystery at the moment.

Possible virus, run AV, spyware etc, post hijack this log up. If that comes back ok, then i will post more suggestions :)

no no good i think its the new mcafee security center it monitors my network and the program seems to interfere with my network places

Part of the problem with the new McAfee Security Center is that it wants to have all computers in your workgrup/domain to have the software installed because it tries to manage all of the open connections between the computers. Part of their new design is to secure the entire network instead of just one computer. Which is a good idea, if you have enough money to afford the licenses for all computers, because you would have a really secure system if they were all synched via McAfee. You could try installing McAfee on all of the machines, or you could also disable that option(I think, don't quote me on that though).

yes i see what your saying but aol now have a policy one subscription one mcafee it was ok before they updated you could use mcafee on all the pcs in the house hold.if i install it on a other pc it seems to take away the management away from the main pc and you cant control the network then its crap.

I personally wouldnt use the mcafee. I sorted my uncles pc not long ago, he runs AOL and mcafee. He had a virus, NOD32 sorted it straight away, mcafee didnt even detect it!

Back
Top Bottom