Router Wont open ports!

mrkiki911

Baseband Member
I have the 2wire 2701hg-b and it refuses to open any ports. I have gone through the router menu at least 20 times trying to open these ports.

Everything is typed in right, and it succeed in opening 1 for about 10 sec then closed it again!?!? They either time out or just stay closed.

I have nod32, and my windows firewall is disabled. What else could it be?

If nod32 isn't blocking anything, than you could try resetting your router. That's all I can think of, I don't know much about networking.

Thanks, im going to look up nod32 again. I already reset the router twice, and tried connecting through wireless rather than the ethernet.

NOD32 is an antivirus, not a firewall, so it shouldnt affect it. How exactly are you trying to open the ports?

plz dont port forward. it doesnt greatly affect game performance and a router firewall is a must if u want to keep secure from malware.

Some ISP's block a range of ports if they believe them to be associated with illegal downloading i think. Might be this?

spywarebanisher said:
plz dont port forward. it doesnt greatly affect game performance and a router firewall is a must if u want to keep secure from malware.

well i need the ports open for some of my programs, and i did not use the typical ports for azureus. I believe my router is just a pos

Back
Top Bottom