Distributed computer, CF teams.

joxley1990 said:
Yeah, so when they have both finished, that is two workunits done. Meh, it'l work, just use the console on it though, its a little more power at the end of the day. Use a USB network card if you cant use PCI..
Not even sure if that'll work. It's not even USB 1.1, it's a beta verison of USB.

joxley1990 said:
Ah, does the motherboard have PCI slots yeah?
I dunno, I'll probably try it out this weekend. Right now I'm running it on my main computer, and it's taking forever...5,000,000 steps, it's been running for almost 24 hours and the instances are at 55 and 57%.

It's for a good cause though. Do you need to complete an entire workunit to get any credit for the processing?

I'm gonna give this a shot when i get home.

i have an FX-60 and 2 Gigs of Ram so i think i will do pretty good.

LambOfGod said:
I'm gonna give this a shot when i get home.

i have an FX-60 and 2 Gigs of Ram so i think i will do pretty good.
Do it!!! It doesn't use very much RAM AFAIK, but the FX-60 will be great. It takes kinda long on my Athlon X2 3800+, but your FX-60 should be awesome. Make sure you read up on the dual core thing that joxley posted too, you can work on two units at once.

thanks guys, but i have been only running one instance, because i am using my other core, for gaming/web/im/music/movies.

working great though

I have no problem running both cores while I work. I think it automatically adjusts when there are other things running to not use so much CPU power. When I start gaming or something though, I'll X one out.

Back
Top Bottom