PC ASSEMBLING NOOB/Help

extensionwire

Solid State Member
hi... i would like to ask some help on assembling a new pc. you might be asking why shouldnt i just read some other posts like this. im sorry... it just feels better if someone gives you advice first hand. :)

my budget will be at 1800 minimum to 2300$ max
can you help me on what hardware i should chose,
which kind of Dual Core processor?
Which kind of video card runs better graphics.
and what soundcard is suitable for a mini home studio. or powerful enough to handle a electric guitar.
and which OS is much stable and faster for file transfering or some video games. windows XP or Windos Vista.

if ever will my budget make this a dedicated web server someday.
thank you very much.

hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks again.
:)

And dont buy a sound card. Most decent motherboards come with surround sound built in.

spywarebanisher said:
get a core 2 extreme quadcore and a direct x 10 card and 4 gb of ram and go for vista soon.
What he suggested is if you have about 3000 for your computer... I would recommend the Intel Core 2 duo, 2 gig of ram, 512mb video card. That is basically all you need to run vista at a great rate. Im running Pentium D 3.0 ghz with 2 gig of ram and have not had a single problem with vista running slow.

ic. but how about the sound card. i was planning to do some recording from my guitar.

and what motherboard fits well with core 2 duo? does any 512 video card will do? radeon? nvidia? geforce?

thanks

i would go with the Socket 7 (LGA 775) for the motherboard socket. Also if you look into NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT 512mb (I have 2 of these sli-ed, and they work like a champ).

Here, try this on for size. I didn't add any mice/keyboard/monitors
http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=5016466

the cards are dx10 compatible if you wanted to do vista, run 2 of those hd's in raid 0 for quick performance, and use the third for backup since raid 0 isn't exactly what i'd call fault tolerant. If you wanted to go really big, you could grab 2 more of those hd's and go for a raid 5 array to maximize your data efficiency and save on the spin life of the hd's. I didn't pick a tower because they're really a personal preference. As long as you get one that will house all of your equipment and is atx compatible you're good to go in my opinion.

Also, ati and nvidia are the manufacturers of the cards, geforce and radeon are the names of the cards they sell. For the most part, you can't buy a card from the manufacturer directly. 3rd party companies purchase the cards in bulk and re-package and distribute them individually. I chose evga for the graphics cards, and evga distributes the geforce card i like.
The speakers are out of stock but you can get a nice bose surround sound system with the extra cash, or spend it on safeguards:
i.e: power-stirp, UPS, Exhaust Fan, Water cooling, additional fans, software, etc...

Back
Top Bottom