Error Starting Program with windows ME

Sammi666

Beta member
I was wondering if anyone could help me out. was trying to install Taxtron 2006 (canadian Tax program) and after installing it the following messages appreared.

1) The ADOBEXMP.DLL file is liked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:SetFilePointerEx. (the Kernel32.DLL is in my C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM folder where it should be.)

2) (this is in an other popup message). A device attached to the system is not functioning.

If it matters im running an AMD K6-450Mhz with 256Mb Ram.

Thanks for anyones help.

I personally would blame windows me, its the most unreliable OS ever released. Have you got any programs by adobe? Seems like thats causing the problem

OH GOD! Windows ME is your problem. Don't bother upgrading it either, my family's comp had ME on it for a while, it messed it up so bad that when we upgraded to XP it still doesn't work right. Deffinately time for a new computer i would say.

An OS wont damage the pc lol. Theres obviously a stability problem with the pc for 2 OSes to cause problems :)

I would definelty change the OS from Win Me to Win Xp ...the operating system of windows Me is the crappiest OS out there on the market. i'm sure everyone will agree with on this one. if you want a stable operating system and your fed up with getting errors, wich win Me is famous for..you'll see the difference once you move from win Me to XP.

Why in the name of god have you got ME for???? Microsoft rushed in for the millennium so it the most bug infested operating system in the world. I could make a better OS than that, and I dont even know how to program

I don't know what it did, but when we had ME it did SOMETHING to our PC. Always having errors and the like, so i asked some people and they said it was ME so we upgraded to XP and the errors persisted. Asked some more people, they said ME must have done something. ME is the spawn of satan.

I say again, an OS cant damage your hardware, there were obviously hardware issues with the computer

Back
Top Bottom