New Computer Problems

yeeboo

Solid State Member
Hello, i have built a new computer and after i installed everything and made sure tha everything is hooked up properly i go to turn it on and nothin happens. I get a green light on the Motherboard when i just swith the power supply on but i can never ge it to click on and fer the life of me i cant figure out why. Heres the specs on everything going into it.

Case: Nextherm ICS 8200 ML
Motherboard: Asus M2N32-Sli Deluxe
Cpu: 4600+ Amd Dual Core
Video Card: E-Geforce 8800 GTX Superclocked
Power Supply: Sunbeam Nuuo Series Power Supply 550W

Thats pretty much the main stuff other than that is a DVD drive and an CD-RW drive.

Im hopiing its something simple that ive over looked, Your help is much appreciated.

Bobby

as far as i know i did. u do mean the power switch, and HDD Led and everything that is located in the bottom right corner correct?

Check to make sure that everything is plugged in, and make sure you have both extra power connectors in the 8800gtx, both power connectors is what I was missing and I wasn't getting picture for awhile. Also, if you do have both of them connected, switch the two around, it may seem stupid but this also fixed it for me.

Im pretty positive i have everthing plugged in, but imma gonna go thru it again tomorrow afternoon. Would having them backwards on the 8800 Stop the whole compter from booting up?

Well, they have a special way to go. You can revert it, but I'm preety sure your PSU can't start.

Double checked all my power connections and everything plugged in and in the correct way as far as i can tell. I tried switching the connections on the 8800 but nothin happened. My boss was told me to try taking one of the memory sticks out and and try it that way and still nothin i even took both of them out hoping fer some other sign of something but nada. The only thing i can think of is that i dont have a big enough PSU to run the card and the case, cuz the case has basiclly a mini air condtioner in it, and the card said it needs a min of 450W. Thx fer the help everyone, if all else fells ill just take it to a computer tech somehwere in town who has a lil more knowledge than me.

Ok i got it working, dont ask me how, cuz i couldnt tell ya. But i still have a problem. After i got all the new driver installed, Such as the motherboard/Video card stuff. When i finally got the last reboot outta the way and i thought i was free and clear, nothin would come up except for my background image, and my task bar, no icons or anything. I couldnt even start any program, so i got frustrated and decied just to F disk it. Now i kept gettin an Kernal_data_inpage_error. no idea what that means, apperciate any help.

I'd check with the drive's diagnostic to see if the drive could contain bad sectors. By the looks of it, it seems that it is.

Back
Top Bottom