Car Thread!

Ugh, modern engine placement, why do they make it so complicated and confusing? Why can't they do it like this anymore?

DSC01052.jpg

BTW i ripped out some of the useless junk that didn't need to be in there, so it's actually not as crowded as it looks anymore, and it's got yellow spark plug wires.

cabbspapp said:
True, and doing a manual swap wouldn't even be worth it.
You have no idea. If you figure in the labor, for the Focus it will cost like $2500-3000. For that I could do a rebuild of my whole tranny (Or buy one pre built from Lentech) that could handle well over 300whp.

And about engine placement, you'd be surprised how easy it is to work on (except the alternator, had to unbolt half the engine from the car for that one!). If you think that's crowded you should see the 300ZX twin turbo engine.

By the way, like the Stang.

That is a NICE Honda, man. The ricers give you guys a bad name. Please no fart can though? I can't tell from the pictures.

Lol no fart can.

He doesn't have an exhaust system or muffler tip. I believe he only has a K&N air filter.

Looks amazing though. NOPI Nats? I plan on being there. I used to use a K&N panel filter but just switched to that cone, it's a good quality no-name brand and was free. Those rims look crazy, I wanted a style similar to that in black chrome but opted out. They were RWD rims and mega expensive. Are they 19's?

Props for having a clean, nice looking Civic. I think the term "fart can" is overused. I think full exhaust systems shouldn't be called fart cans, but I think the APC garbage mufflers you can get at Schucks and stuff can be called fart cans.

Edit: About engine placement, I don't think my Neon has it bad either.

neon3.png

D-Lew said:
Looks amazing though. NOPI Nats? I plan on being there. I used to use a K&N panel filter but just switched to that cone, it's a good quality no-name brand and was free. Those rims look crazy, I wanted a style similar to that in black chrome but opted out. They were RWD rims and mega expensive. Are they 19's?

I think they are 17''s. Gun metal.... He also had it lowered all the way around. I'm not sure how much though.

Thats a Kaminari Body kit btw.

I dont know how I remember all this stuff lol

I mean, the engine is SIDEWAYS! It's like it's retarded or something (not dissing anyone's cars) it just bugs me. And there is no way the weight is distributed evenly when you're engine is offset. I'll stick to older cars, where the engine is in the middle and HUGE.

Well, a FWD car isn't gonna have the engine aligned like it is in your Mustang. Also, the size of the motor isn't the only thing that dictates the amount of power an engine makes.

Back
Top Bottom