DW7000 Hughesnet/Directway Satellite System

Fastvan671

In Runtime
This item is used but in very good shape. There is a small chip of the outer rim.
This does not effect the functioning of the item. This was check and verified by
a certified Hughesnet installer. I will send you a pic of the chip off by request.
Send me your email address and I'll send pic.
This auction is for a Hughesnet/Directwat DW7000 Satellite system.
Included is the modem, dish, pointer, and mounting stand.
This is no longer needed.
This item is free of any contracts. You can acll and verify with Hughesnet.
Included is the 18 digit number so you can call Hughes to verify no contracts.
PSN: H9NCAF062 03614505 W

Shipping is $75 within the US. This thing is fairly heavy and bulky.
I will deliver it within 75 miles for $20. Up to 150 miles for $40.
I live in Mount Hermon, La 70450
I will accept COD on delivery. If paying by check, please wait till
cleared bank before shipping. If paying with money order, I accept Postal
money order only

Refunds given if returned within 7 days if its not what I discribbed. (less shiiping)

Payment via Paypal to Yeawellso@aol.com

Please inform me of your payment method if paying with oher than paypal.

Not responcable for shipping damages if you don't include insurance.

$180 + $75 shipping
$4 insurance (optional)

Contact me with any questions: fastvan67@charter.net

assembly

Modem

Dish

Pointer

So if I buy this I can sign up to their service for a month or 3 and cancel when dsl becomes available? And what speeds can this connect at, and what is the service price for internet?

I own this system outright. I have no idea if you would have to sign a contract with Hughes to get service. I contract expired 2 months ago. DSL became available here about 6 months ago. When my contract expired, I just called to have it turned off. In all honesty, I was not impressed with the speed. I paid for Pro service which is $69.95 a month. The basic service was $59.95 a month. Speeds upto 1k. I never got above 700. According to the installer, there simply were too many people pulling on one satellite. Bogs down on the speed.
I would suggest calling Hughes and see if you would have to sign a contract to get service and if so, for how long.

Thanks for the reply,
Donald

Ok, I will try that and come back to you. We are stuck with dial-up now so I think this may be better, except you cant play games on satellite from what I hear.

You can play games, there's just a lil lag. about 1 second usually. Ofcourse with some games like Warcraft, 1 second lag could get ya killed, lol! Great for downloading though.

Yeah, I dont think it'll work that well for games, everything is one second too late ya know. Cant dodge the rocket in halo til it kills ya, but dial-up is the same I guess.

I would still have to sign up for a 15 month contract or pay the month to month use fee. So no thanks.

Yeah, you have to sign up for it and have a contract. It's pretty expensive and the upload speeds are junk, downloading is great though. I have directv and looked into direcway/hughes. It's not worth it.

FastVan, you can now sell in peace. I'd like to get a satellite, but I can't afford it. But tell me, can any satellite reciever syncronise to any satelite dish? Any firmware I've got to flash?

No, can't be just any dish. The setup has to have the correct pointer with 2-way signal. It would have to be able to send and receive. Like DirectTV and Dish Network, they are both just receiving pointers. Accrding to what I'm told, Hughesnet now has an adapter that you can get to get DirectTV signal on a hughesnet dish along with internet service. I don't know how much fact there is to it, but its just what I read in a forum a few months back.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom