I'm going to kill Google's Gmail

ArrizX said:
Not amplifying, but over reacting, I could see.

But, I see where they are coming from. Sure, google isn't going to look through your email. They wont be looking through it for fun or personal gain or whatever it may be, im sure there is legal reasoning behind that. Which I didnt finish reading because I got preoccupied by something else, lol. But anyways..

Just knowing that it doesnt delete when you tell it to is a bitch.
There would be too many email accounts and too many messages for them to read them personally anyway. :p Like you said, its probably legal-related.

That does make me think twice about gmail. Even though my email consits of myspace, forums and ebay... I still dont want anyone, even the government looking at any of it. I am going to look into this a lil more and see what i can find.

I don't mind about Gmail. I only use it for stuff like softwares and other junk like auto notifications. Sometimes, I email some people.

They can keep it forever. There's just nothing bad with it.

Yeah they had an article in the newspaper about that. It doesn't bother me though there's nothing I have to hide in my emails. It's just computers that scan the messages for keywords that's all.

They listen to your phone calls, video tape you when you don't know about it, read your e-mails. shit nothing's private anymore...

when you stop and think about it tho, gmail is almost like a hard drive. if you delete something, someone with the right power, machines, and/or skill can get what they want off of it untill it has been written over many times.

Seeing as how servers are made of hard drives, (considering the size of google, it has to be in the millions if not billions) its not all too suprising that your email is not truely deleted for a while. afterall, the odds of multiple people getting emails to that spot on a that drive, and deleteing it in a short time are kinda small.

Yeah I saw it a while ago and I stopped using google because of it. I saw the scroogle site aswell back when google attacked legitimate webmasters and sites (CF included)

celegorm said:
when you stop and think about it tho, gmail is almost like a hard drive. if you delete something, someone with the right power, machines, and/or skill can get what they want off of it untill it has been written over many times.

Seeing as how servers are made of hard drives, (considering the size of google, it has to be in the millions if not billions) its not all too suprising that your email is not truely deleted for a while. afterall, the odds of multiple people getting emails to that spot on a that drive, and deleteing it in a short time are kinda small.
missed the point...

the email is stored in a database,
there is field in the database indicating that this email is inside your inbox.
if you delete the email essentially only the record to indicate that the item needs to stay in your inbox is deleted.
the email stays on the server.

if I delete an email I would expect that it should go.

but if google really want to keep all my spam then I have no problem with that.

Back
Top Bottom