I am having display issues, need some input.

Mercury&Solace

In Runtime
Ok I just got yesterday a Dell Inspiron E1705 with Windows Vista Home Premium and Ultralife Truelife widescreen WUXGA 17" with a 256mb ati mobility radeon x 1400 hyper memory graphics card.

My issue is that if I go 1920x1200, my max resolution, everything is hella tiny on the screen, I need to squint to see anything, but looks amazing resolution wise.

Now if I back off the resolution and go 1280x800 shit looks normal, and looks fine size wise but to me it looks blurry and not very clear. Now is it just me or is there an issue here? Should I adjust my DPI?

It just seems like to me when I had my 17" desktop flat panel thats a couple years old, that i could have shit the normal size, AND have the max resolution set as well, but it seems to not be working with this system.

Suggestions? Input? Can somebody suggest some resolution/DPI settings? Are my drivers out of wack? Any tricks to make this work? Is my system wack? Help please.....

hey,
Dell??? no offence but not a good brand :p

On the monitor there will be button for auto adjust, and see if drivers for monitor, and make sure updated graphics card drivers

schultzy92 said:
hey,

On the monitor there will be button for auto adjust, and see if drivers for monitor, and make sure updated graphics card drivers

Thanks for the input but you will have to be a little more specific.
I don't see a button on the monitor anywhere.
I went to http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/vista32/common-vista32.html
and updated the drivers still no better.

So you're complaining about small font at high resolution and blur on small resolutions? So basically the way it's supposed to look? :confused:

Yeah, thats a laptop, and he is complaing because when he reduces the resolution... Everything stretches out.

Jenox said:
So you're complaining about small font at high resolution and blur on small resolutions? So basically the way it's supposed to look? :confused:

Well I notice better resolution/quality on a 2+ year old regular 17" flat panel monitor than this new 17" ultra sharp one, thats whats bugging the shit out of me. I can have the rez maxed out on the old monitor and it looks amazing normal sized, I max it out on here and its tiny as hell, looks great, but tiny as hell. Thats my issue.

I still think its a video card handshake issue with Vista.

I hooked up both monitors and compared, I get better quality out of the older monitor than this one hands down.

A guy at work suggested DL Direct X 10, will that help?

schultzy92 said:
hey,

aint nothin wrong wit dell

Back
Top Bottom