Computer Career Choices?

BamaFan29891

In Runtime
Hey guys.

Hit me with it.

I am wanting to know what will be required of someone who wants to look into becoming a computer technician or network administrator for a company.

Hit me with college degrees needed, certifications that are needed, and anything else that would be helpful.

And if you have any study material for it, or help with the tests and degrees, please let me know that too.

Thanks for any help appreciated. I would greatly appreciate serious, serious help. :]

Thanks.

Man, i wish i could have a career involved with computers. I just don't want dry and aching eyes whenever I come home from work or something.

Raymuindo said:
Man, i wish i could have a career involved with computers. I just don't want dry and aching eyes whenever I come home from work or something.

that's true. I've noticed that since I've been using LCD monitors, I don't have that problem anymore. With CRT monitors I used to get that real bad.

As for degrees for the jobs you want, I'm not sure but I think a 2 or 4 year degree should be enough. I'm not an expert but I'm guessing, I hope to get a job in the computer field someday too :) probably as a programmer.

ugh man,i like computers, but i dont want a job in them, i wanna be a mechanical engineer, i wanna design cars, and planes, and all sorts of stuff(i know aerodynamic engineer)

Get a CCNA, Network+, and Linux+ and you may be able to land a Network Admin job for a smalll company. For a big company, include a college degree and 5 years experience.

Well, can you point me in the direction of study materials, pref free online, for those three?

And A+ as well please?

First, go to comptia's website and check the objectives. Get a good study guide for cramsession, and study it front to back. You will have to get ahold of an A+ textbook from somewhere, unless you have decent computer skills. You will need to know your software and OS extensively. A good IT forum is www.techexams.net, but they require some vocab knowledge concerning IT as they are real experience professionals. They also got another set of study guides. Hit me back when you check all this out.

Your gonna have to get the study books. Mike myers A+ allin one is one of the best. The cybex books are good for N+ and linux +. Cant comment on CCNA coz i havent done it.

Yo raffaz, you are training to be a network admin also?

Get your CCNA if possible...... It will make your resume alot better.

Back
Top Bottom