AMD or Intel

istonian said:
My budget is too tight and I want an aftermarket cooler.
Ah, I see. Well, get either the Zalman 9700, the Thermaltake Big Typhoon, or the Tuniq Tower if you've got the cash. Those are the top 3 Socket 775 coolers IMO.

istonian said:
Which one is the best out of the three. I have heard the Tuniq Tower 120 is.
Yes, it lowers temps about 10C more than the others. The Zalman is very nice looking though. Get the Tuniq Tower and some Arctic Silver 5 and you'll be doing some intense OCing! I just order the Tuniq Tower from Xoxide, they're really hard to find, and they go out of stock fast:
http://www.xoxide.com/tuniq-t-120-hsf.html

Graph from X-bit labs:
image005.png

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/tuniq-tower120.html

I know I am getting the Arctic Silver 5 paste. I also know now I am getting the Tuniq Tower 120.

istonian said:
I know I am getting the Arctic Silver 5 paste. I also know now I am getting the Tuniq Tower 120.
Lol, good call. I should be getting mine in the mail this week, I'll post some OCing results eventually.

back to original topic. Me even with the C2D out i still prefer AMD. Intel has disappointed me too many times with the Pentium 4 HT and then Pentium D. Takes em 3 years to catch up and they make the C2D. Though with the technology enhancments... and AMD working on 4x4, might take even longer than 3 years for AMD to catch up again, ehh but u cant do everything through predicting :p

AMD is working more on how to implement GPU and CPU into one package and make it run more efficiently. hence the purchase of ATI. I'd say so long as the company stays afloat for another 5 - 6 years, expect a great product from them then.

Jenox said:
AMD is working more on how to implement GPU and CPU into one package and make it run more efficiently. hence the purchase of ATI. I'd say so long as the company stays afloat for another 5 - 6 years, expect a great product from them then.
yeah i think they are going to come out with something realy great otherwise they will be out of business , i have heard about the gpu/cpu thing

Back
Top Bottom