Frustrated with my PC !!!

I think u have the same board as mine and i had a simliar problem if u look on the bios shots, the memory isnt on standard Voltage rates its on performance, i changed this and my bsods went.

Jenox said:
Isn't there a test out there that checks for stability? It's like a 24 hour test? I can't remember the name of it...but it's popular and is a long and very stressful test, it checks for stability and it shouldn't find your error hopefully.
You mean Prime95?

Ugh, I didn't know that it takes that long for the memtest.I thought just one or two passes is sufficient. I'll leave it overnight, tonight. Also I did a HDD test with software from WD and it said all is fine;. Hey Anubis1980 how do I do that? I suck at BIOS.

if your tests come up clean i would do the following.

1. Restore the Defaults in BIOS

2. Reload windows XP.

buso23, if u look at the screenshots, u can see that the memory voltage is in YELLOW this means performance, Grey means default and red means bitching lol. U need to go onto the voltage for the ram, the yellow one and i think u either press return or pg up and pg down, select the default selection, grey, and save and reboot. This fixed my random crashes, its a bad design of the bios.

Anubis1980 said:
buso23, if u look at the screenshots, u can see that the memory voltage is in YELLOW this means performance, Grey means default and red means bitching lol. U need to go onto the voltage for the ram, the yellow one and i think u either press return or pg up and pg down, select the default selection, grey, and save and reboot. This fixed my random crashes, its a bad design of the bios.

Hey guys I can't set it below 2.50V which is still in yellow. No gray options available even though it says that yellow is high performance and gray is the default.I've set it to 2.50V but I think I need to change some other setting so that I have the gray option available.Since I suck at BIOS, how do I do that?

IMG_2311.jpg

Regards, Ljupco

The only other option I have under HIGH PERFORMANCE is optimized where CPU voltage is automatically increased to 1.450V and which almost instantly brought back the Blue screen. I'll try it on manual but with the memory voltage set to 2.50V and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom