Quietn Down PLEASE!!!!

wol-va-rine said:
about the dying part ( :D ), don't mess with it even if the psu isn't plugged in...? can you really get zapped if it isn't even plugged up...? I'm just asking because I know nothing of power supplies...

Same question, I've looked at mine before but this now scares me to look at / even come near it.

danniodoo said:
So if i get a new power supply, might it be quieter than the one now? - Ive heard of things you can add to quieten it down. Would you recommend anything, or because its so close to the power wouldnt you do owt to it? - i can imagine its too risky. especially if you cant open it up

I would think that is the number two reason people buy power supplies (number one being the watts), I would also guess that prebuilt systems see power supplies as a way to keep cost down and rarely use good power supplies, just a good enough one to get by...

You can buy decent PSU's with very good cooling and quiet too, chances are if it came with the pc its cheapy basic one, which are loud.

I've opened a power supply before and taken the cover and seperated it from the main part by cutting wires so I could paint the back part of it when I paited my case. I'm still here....lol

btw....the psu died about a year after I did that though...lol

Tommy Boy said:
I've opened a power supply before and taken the cover and seperated it from the main part by cutting wires so I could paint the back part of it when I paited my case. I'm still here....lol

btw....the psu died about a year after I did that though...lol

lmao hey better the psu dying!!! Same with tv's those things r evil if u open them up, tubes etc... BOOOOM lol.
My dad used to be in the Royal Navy dealing with radar and electronics on ships, he has told me a lot of horror stories, and im a person who likes to go and get stuck in with electrics, im a lot less cavalier now lol.

well actually, you wont die from an electric charged stored up more than 5000 volts. its the amps that kill you, not the volts. so if you have like 20,000 volts in a monitor after its unplugged, it wont kill you, you will just feel like something has pricked you in the finger. seriously. my dad has done it....lol.

Back
Top Bottom