Quietn Down PLEASE!!!!

danniodoo

Solid State Member
Ok, I have narrowed down my issue. My computer is considerably loud. Enough so, that I am trying to, where possible, find alternative ways of carrying out my studies as the constant hum is disruptive. The problem is one fan. From immediate startup til shutdown it kicks out so much hot air and makes such a loud noise. I cant understand why its blowing out hot air. Even from switch on.

SP_A0017.jpg
[/IMG]

Its inside the silver box at the back. My concern is, that it also houses all the wires which connect to the cable and in turn the plug to power the machine. i dont know if this causes any problems.

Basically when i cover the vent momentarially with my hand, The noise is reduced to the noise id expect for a normal working computer. (going by all my previouse desktops and listening of others) - But the heat it kicks out is quite significant so i realise that covering it up amy do more harm than good.

What i want to know is

a) - What fan is this, and is it possible to get a quieter one
b) - Why is it kicking out so much air / heat even from switch on

Im sorry for the long post but i do hope you can give me some guidance

Thanks for your time
Daniel

hmm new fan it is a 120mm fan and you can buy them from any pc store wouldnt pay more than $5 for one

thats your powersupply fan. you cant replace it. dont open your powersupply unless you wanna die. just get a new power supply.

borat_sagdiyev said:
thats your powersupply fan. you cant replace it.

Thats what i was worried about - but i cant cope with the noise much longer
Its not even that oldler computer. id say 6 mths tops. :( - is there nothing i can do? what do you mean new power supply? - as in a whole new box?

borat_sagdiyev said:
thats your powersupply fan. you cant replace it. dont open your powersupply unless you wanna die. just get a new power supply.
oh yeah missed that one , and yeah ROFL dont open your psu unless you is wanting to die real early

hot air is normal. the fan is kicking in because of the heat. You can just get a new power supply and keep everything else.

about the dying part ( :D ), don't mess with it even if the psu isn't plugged in...? can you really get zapped if it isn't even plugged up...? I'm just asking because I know nothing of power supplies...

So if i get a new power supply, might it be quieter than the one now? - Ive heard of things you can add to quieten it down. Would you recommend anything, or because its so close to the power wouldnt you do owt to it? - i can imagine its too risky. especially if you cant open it up

Back
Top Bottom