He says he's God...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I expected the thread to turn into a flame war, but, for the most part it's rather on topic, so congratulations guys on keeping it mature to an extent. +2 kudos to all. :)

Eh, is God real. I'd like to think so. What reassures my own beliefs is just the sheer complication of human DNA and RNA, and the world as a whole. I don't believe it's all sheer coincidence. But I do think people interpret God kind of wrong though. To me, heaven just seems like outer space, God as in dark matter, the invisible substance that encompasses everything. Even in the Bible it makes reference to asteroids and comets. So it's not to farfetched of an idea really. There is no one-set guideline as to what or who God is, all that is said is that God is the creator of all things, sent a human to earth and saved us from sin.

Everyone is able to have their own believes and values, and I'm no one to judge you based upon that. To me, you're all just people, just like myself, we all have an interest in computers, and we should be able to come together as a community and discuss these things, no religion or value is ever going to change how I feel about peopel who have the same general interests as me.

As it has been said many times over, "To each his own." :)

lol i like how the picture i posted spurred this quick hatred towards star trek. It was the expression picard was displaying that was the focal point.

Jenox said:
Well, I expected the thread to turn into a flame war, but, for the most part it's rather on topic, so congratulations guys on keeping it mature to an extent. +2 kudos to all. :)

Eh, is God real. I'd like to think so. What reassures my own beliefs is just the sheer complication of human DNA and RNA, and the world as a whole. I don't believe it's all sheer coincidence. But I do think people interpret God kind of wrong though. To me, heaven just seems like outer space, God as in dark matter, the invisible substance that encompasses everything. Even in the Bible it makes reference to asteroids and comets. So it's not to farfetched of an idea really. There is no one-set guideline as to what or who God is, all that is said is that God is the creator of all things, sent a human to earth and saved us from sin.

Everyone is able to have their own believes and values, and I'm no one to judge you based upon that. To me, you're all just people, just like myself, we all have an interest in computers, and we should be able to come together as a community and discuss these things, no religion or value is ever going to change how I feel about peopel who have the same general interests as me.

As it has been said many times over, "To each his own." :)
this isnt a flame ware , as i was just pointing out he was ramming his beliefs down other people throats

but i agree we are all members of the computer forums cos we have a shared interest and we are not here to discuss religion or fall out because we all have different beliefs

muz379 said:
dude can i say something
i have made the words aatheist religion bold as actually if you look in a dictionary , atheist means somebody that does not believe in god or any other supremem being , also i dont believe in god as every human was born an atheist and that is the way it is meant to be in my opinion i dont need a religion to tell me what i can and cannot do please do not be like a typical christian and say atheists are devil worshippers as atheists deny the existence of any supreme being even the devil
also atheists do not hate god as they would have to believe in him to hate him
now if you disagree with my opinion now you know how it feels to have somebody elses opinion rammed down your throat metaphoricaly

When did I say that atheist were devil worshipers? I am not trying to "cram religion down peoples' throats". I am just trying to tell the truth. Some people do not think it is the truth. I see were Jenox is coming from. There is stuff in the Bible that tells who God is. It is really confusing.

muz379 said:
this isnt a flame ware , as i was just pointing out he was ramming his beliefs down other people throats

but i agree we are all members of the computer forums cos we have a shared interest and we are not here to discuss religion or fall out because we all have different beliefs

Yeah i know, I'm agreeing with you. People don't have the right on someone's website to bitch and preach at other people as to what is and what is not right or wrong. This isn't anyone's forum, it's David's, and you have to abide by his rules. Plain and simple. :) *note* not directed specifically towards you, I'm just speaking in general terms. ;)

istonian said:
When did I say that atheist were devil worshipers? I am not trying to "cram religion down peoples' throats". I am just trying to tell the truth. Some people do not think it is the truth. I see were Jenox is coming from. There is stuff in the Bible that tells who God is. It is really confusing.

Tell the truth, that's kind of misleading. Truth, what is it, what's truth to you might be false to another, what you think is right might be wrong to someone else. But the point is, no one is right or wrong, it's your own interpretation based off of the information you have and what you do based upon that.

Actually, I've been going to church for, geeze idk 13 years or so. There is no description of what God is. Certain people have seen parts of him in humantic form, however, God isn't human, so...

I do respect your believes and what not though. But I'm no one to judge or criticize you. You're your own person and you are entitled to that, however, please do respect other people's values and beliefs, saying that you speak truth is rather subjective, so please preach with that in mind.

Here in David's forum, no one is right, and no one is wrong, because the matters which you speak of are rather subjective, as I said before, and you have to abide by David's rules, which is no religious bashing, and what you did a few posts ago could easily be mistaken as religious bashing. So tread lightly on this subject. :)

Brookfield said:
Yes it is, my cut off level is when certain body parts are mentioned & pr*ck is one of them, plus any OTT swearing, "Do not post material that is obscene, profane, or sexually specific" an extract of the rules, see here >>

www.computerforums.org/showthread.phpt=4
That's fine. I wasn't really referring to that, more in the sense of the word like a person who's a pain in the butt, but whatever.

istonian said:
I am NOT mislead. If you gave me a little bit of time with you I could show you not only from the Bible, but from past events and a lot of other things that God exist. I have seen God work in many ways. I feel sorry for you guys that if you do not get saved will BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY! The athiest religions is full of fools that try to make an excuse so they can sin all they want. It won't work. On judgement day all the non-believers will be chastized by God for simply not accepting his free gift of salvation. He will see if your name is in the book of life. When he sees that your name is not then you will burn in hell.I feel sorry for you guys. Though I have never met any of you I love you enough to tell this to you. It is not a gay love for all you inmature people.

Ok here we go.

Firstly, atheism is not a religion. Secondly, many stories in the Bible have been scientifically proven flase. Adam and Eve? False. Noah's Ark? False. What does the Catholic Church do? Do a complete u-turn and say that stories that had been taken literally for hundreds of years now should be taken metorphorically. As for athiests and non-believers burning in Hell, well the Catholic Church has actually changed their mind about this one (or has God changed his mind? Guess the all-seeing and all knowing got it wrong, eh?). Now the Catholics say everyone gets into Heaven regardless, as long as you led a good life.

I just hope you're not one of those people who believe the Earth is only 6000 years old, and that Satan planted Dinosaur bones to deceive us.

Now, is there any other religious crap you want to throw at me, because I'll be happy to dissprove all of it. However, after I've done that you'll resort to the Christains last defence, the "well it's what I believe and you can't prove me wrong", and you're right, I can't prove God false, but you can't prove that he exists. So stop trying.

Satan planted Dinosaur bones to deceive us? Hmmm, I've never heard anything about that. I'm really interested in hearing about it, got a link or anything or care to explain. Sorry but I'm a conspiracy nut so i like hearing all things like that. :D

Jenox said:
Satan planted Dinosaur bones to deceive us? Hmmm, I've never heard anything about that. I'm really interested in hearing about it, got a link or anything or care to explain. Sorry but I'm a conspiracy nut so i like hearing all things like that. :D

It's what extreme Christians believe. Anything that proves the Bible false is the work of Satan. Dinosaurs, evolution, the Big Bang, all the work of the Devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom