Video card overheating?

Marshillboy

In Runtime
I'm running the ATITool 0.26 on my computer. It says my brand new x1300 is running at 65 degrees or so semi-idle (only running firefox and antispyware/virus and such). This seems a little warm. Am I supersensitive or is this normal?

Marshillboy said:
I'm running the ATITool 0.26 on my computer. It says my brand new x1300 is running at 65 degrees or so semi-idle (only running firefox and antispyware/virus and such). This seems a little warm. Am I supersensitive or is this normal?
No, that should be fine. My 7600GT idles at 50. The max temperature before it gets dangerous is about 130 degrees, so that's fine. Can you get temperatures while it's under load? (playing a game, etc.) That would be more valuable information.

Also, what's the temperature in the room that the PC is in? That can affect it a lot.

Are you having any problems with it while gaming? Like artifacts or flickering? If you're not then it's probably fine.

As previously said, gaming is where its really important, My 7950gx2 idles at 50-56 both cores, varies alot, when it gets to summer it jumps! games make it go as high as 91c sometimes...

I played the most taxing part of Halo 1 for 15 minutes, and it didn't go over 75 C. Then again, I left my freezing cold window open, but it only changed my idle temp by 2 degrees C. So, I guess it's ok, right?

Offtopic edit: The game stutters sometimes. Is there a way to fix this, or do I have to turn the settings down?

Back
Top Bottom