AMD or Intel

I like AMD for single core processors and non Core 2 proccesors. AMD does outperform there. I can't wait until AMD actuall makes a true competitor for the Core 2 Duo. That is what I plan on getting this summer. The Core 2 Duo.

yeah i agree ,amd's single core processors are far better than intels but once you step up to multiple cores inttel wins hands down
also amd's single core processors are realy cheap with semprons starting at just £25 which is about $45 usd and the semprons far beat the ceclerons in my view

muz379 said:
yeah i agree ,amd's single core processors are far better than intels but once you step up to multiple cores inttel wins hands down
also amd's single core processors are realy cheap with semprons starting at just £25 which is about $45 usd and the semprons far beat the ceclerons in my view
Yeah, but single-core processors are quickly going to be obsolete. In a few years, I'd bet that neither AMD or Intel sells single core processors anymore.

And AMD is sooo far behind with dual core. There's simply no way they can keep up now. Even with the Athlon X2 6000+ and such, it just can't compete with the Core 2's performance for price.

freestyler105 said:
Yeah, but single-core processors are quickly going to be obsolete. In a few years, I'd bet that neither AMD or Intel sells single core processors anymore.

And AMD is sooo far behind with dual core. There's simply no way they can keep up now. Even with the Athlon X2 6000+ and such, it just can't compete with the Core 2's performance for price.
at the moment tho thats what i was talkinga bout .

and actually when there are so many people only using computers for word processing and internet and listening to a bit of music , nothing hardcore like vid editing or gaming then i think why do they need a dual core processor i doint think you will need dual core for them tasks ever , i have an amd athlon xp 2000+ with 512mb ram and integrated video , sure many will say wow how can you still use that but it aint for gaming so i dont need dual core i think in some way s dual core is just a marketing gimmick and unless your computer is for gaming,vid editing or any other high demand tsk then ya dont need dual core

muz379 said:
at the moment tho thats what i was talkinga bout .

and actually when there are so many people only using computers for word processing and internet and listening to a bit of music , nothing hardcore like vid editing or gaming then i think why do they need a dual core processor i doint think you will need dual core for them tasks ever , i have an amd athlon xp 2000+ with 512mb ram and integrated video , sure many will say wow how can you still use that but it aint for gaming so i dont need dual core i think in some way s dual core is just a marketing gimmick and unless your computer is for gaming,vid editing or any other high demand tsk then ya dont need dual core
I totally agree. But really, any user will like dual core. There is a very noticeable difference when running multiple tasks. Even for our average user, if they're running iTunes, AIM, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Word, there's a huge difference. And most people I know when just typing up an essay will have all that open.

Once you go dual-core, you're not going to want to go back. I'll give single core processors another 1-3 years, then I doubt you'll see them for sale very much.

AMD has an ace up it's sleeve, they're not just going to sit idle and watch their company lose money, they're going to make a great product, exactly what Intel did a year ago.

Jenox said:
AMD has an ace up it's sleeve, they're not just going to sit idle and watch their company lose money, they're going to make a great product, exactly what Intel did a year ago.
I hope so. I really like them, but right now, it's impossible to buy their product when Intel's is so superior.

I just bought an AMD, if you want to go dual core, just for the sake of going dual core, AMD's option is significantly cheaper then Intel's. They still sell products, but their S939 CPUs are getting cut out, why I don't know, there's still high demand for S939. *sigh*

An E4300 only costs $170 though...the same price as the X2 4400+. If want to spend the least you can though, the X2 3800+ is a good deal at $110.

Back
Top Bottom