Frustrated with my PC !!!

I have checked for viruses and there seem to be none. The PC was acting like this from day 1. I haven't done that ram test Is that a freeware? Where can I get it?

yeah sounds to me like memory problems , you akready ruled out heat or it could be software related , another thing try getting a hard drive test utility from the hdd manufacturers site

I ran into this same exact problem a year or so ago. What I did to fix it was do a fresh install of windows xp, download all of the drivers but dont install then yet, boot into safemode and install all of them there. Install the most important drivers first, aka video drivers ect... Another thing you could try is putting in new ram. If you dont get the BSOD with the new ram installed then you know you have fault ram. You could also, if you have 2 or more sticks, test each one individually. That will help you narrow down which sticks are bad, if any.

I've just finished the memtest and it found no errors.Will try the HDD test now.Thanks

Isn't there a test out there that checks for stability? It's like a 24 hour test? I can't remember the name of it...but it's popular and is a long and very stressful test, it checks for stability and it shouldn't find your error hopefully.

Any burn in test should do the job, i think sisoft sandra has one built in and its free. I use eurosoft pc check and micro-scope, but these are aimed more at technicians, and they aint cheap (although there are ways and means of getting them) :)

Back
Top Bottom