Car Thread!

Got this today:
n7030365_33281860_7394.jpg

Update: The valve body is freaking awesome, I swear it shifts so fast now. The plate has been shipped. C'mon guys, don't make me talk to myself here! :p

Did you do the installation work yourself? Looks like a lot of work. Performance wise, what is it suppose to do?

I'm still deciding on an exhaust system. I signed up with a Lexus forum and they have some good ideas. Majority of them use Tom's exhaust system or even the Lexus OEM tuned exhaust systems. But they're all like $1500 each!!!!!! Ouch. I stilll need money to buy a new laptop and a new PC....

I had a friend help, it wasn't bad. Drop the pan, unbolt it and remember where the wires go, put the new one in, clean pan, etc, add new filter, apply lsealant, put it back together, fill with 6 quarts of Mercon V. Took about 1.5 hrs of labor and a long time just figuring out how much fluid to put in it.

What it does is firm up and speed up the shifts by putting a lot more pressure on the transmission fluid. And it works like a charm.

I'm automatic. It used to be a slushbox but it doesn't live up to that name any more! ;)

Even if it does shift fast, I still don't like automatics. You don't get the joy of shifting with the clutch and shift handle.

Here's my baby.

DSC01388.jpg

1978 Ford Mustang II Ghia Sport Edition, automatic, A/C, 5.0L Carb. V8. She's amazing, and not on the road yet lol, still being fixed up.

cabbspapp said:
Even if it does shift fast, I still don't like automatics. You don't get the joy of shifting with the clutch and shift handle.
True, but that's what I've got to work with. Bracket racing FTW.

Here's some pics of my newest additions.

plate2.jpg

plate1.jpg

Also, my new intake courtesy of Auto Zone. :cool:

(Yes, I know it's a little dirty in there but I'll get proper, daylight pictures later.)
engine.jpg

The reason it's nasty is because of my valve body install, I got auto trans fluid all over the engine cause I had to lay the dipstick up there once.

Back
Top Bottom