5 speakers only 2 work?? HELP PLZ

agj9187

Beta member
i have a xps 210 and just recently bought a 5 speaker dell system for it. When i hooked it all up only the sub and 2 front speakers work. Does this have something to do with the soundcard that came with the dell??? anyone ever had this problem??

try going into control panel, sounds and audio devices and then go to "advanced" under speaker settings and choose "5.1 surround sound speakers" and it should work.

Ive had this same problem, Im using onboard, and never figured it out. But once I had the green and orange pluged in, and thats it, and it didnt sound half bad..Im waiting on a new sound card..

I had the same problem when I purchased my dell 5.1 speakers last year. I went to sound settings and did that and it worked perfectly.

I just tried it all, 3 of the speakers dont work, the sub is to powerfull, since the other speakers wont work..I duno whats wrong with it.

i've been trying to get this working using the sp/dif on my mobo, only the front left and right are working. the coaxial goes to my reciever, i've been setting up a media center and its being a pain.

Back
Top Bottom