Laptop burnt out!!!

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Wow, had my stupid Compaq Presario laptop for about a year and it konked out. It was a good thing I was working off of the external drive, otherwise, I was in trouble!!!! What's with me a burning PC's...same thing happened to my regular desktop PC (but it was easy to change out the PSU). For the laptop, it's almost impossible.

I'm not going to bother getting it fixed so I'm just going to get a new one. I'm looking to spend no more than $1,000 including taxes. Any of you guys recommend a good brand? Perhaps Dell? Must have Core Duo or Core 2 Duo. Forget AMD. I'm sick and tired of them.

I should add that this isn't a gaming laptop. Just for work and school. Mainly using it for Internet, Word processing, Solitaire, watching DVD, music, the basics.

Someone already got dibbs on the parts. He's one of my classmates. He's actually giving me $100 for it even though it's not working.

TRDCorolla said:
Wow, had my stupid Compaq Presario laptop for about a year and it konked out. It was a good thing I was working off of the external drive, otherwise, I was in trouble!!!! What's with me a burning PC's...same thing happened to my regular desktop PC (but it was easy to change out the PSU). For the laptop, it's almost impossible.

I'm not going to bother getting it fixed so I'm just going to get a new one. I'm looking to spend no more than $1,000 including taxes. Any of you guys recommend a good brand? Perhaps Dell? Must have Core Duo or Core 2 Duo. Forget AMD. I'm sick and tired of them.

I should add that this isn't a gaming laptop. Just for work and school. Mainly using it for Internet, Word processing, Solitaire, watching DVD, music, the basics.

Falcon Northwest. Nuff said.

Wooo, I'll look into those......right after I finish typing this reply. I was chatting with my friend just now on my cell. He "thinks" he can revive it. I just told them, "Hey, for a $100, you can do whatever you want with it", lol.

I don't see the option for the Latitude. Only the Insprion and the XPS are available. I'll check out the Acers. I've never heard of the Falcon one. I'll google it to see what I come up with.

As for what I do, it's a mystery. I had a lot of PM's on that one, but I leave them in the dark, hehe. Let's just say that I don't work for any private companies.

If you get a dell I'd get a latitude, those last forever. My dad has one that's old and still runs like new, our school has some that were designed for windows 98 and they still work fine. I'd also recommend an acer travelmate. And last but not least, a macbook but if you're not a mac fan then that's kinda useless.

Back
Top Bottom