AMD Processor question.

Ok i've looked like 6 times now and still haven't found it. Any way mine could be different?

Was Cool n' Quiet even available on the XP series of processors? I thought it came out with the introduction of the Athlon64 series. :confused:

Jenox said:
Was Cool n' Quiet even available on the XP series of processors? I thought it came out with the introduction of the Athlon64 series. :confused:

you may be right there... i'll have to look into that.

no, cool and quiet is not available on the xp's. partly because they run so much hotter than the 64 bit processors.

Look around in your bios for Bus Frequency: this should be set to 133mhz stock for your computer. Now somewhere close to that you should find something called the multiplier: this should be set to 15. 133 x 15 = 1995 or approx 2.0ghz, which is what your processors speed should be given the link you posted. Check these setting and make sure there right, chances are at least one of the 2 is wrong.

If they are not, flashing your bios is the next option, your bios may be out of date causing it to not properly recognize your processor.

Ok well i didn't find Bus Frequency or Multiplier in my BIOS. I think my mobo and CPU are shit.

Ahh this happens to me sometimes too. I have an old socket A sempron 2200+ running at 1.49ghz and sometimes the system would crash and i would see my cpu is runing at like 700 or 500 MHz but this only happens when i over clock though, wen i set the cpu speed to high and it would crash reseting the system clock.

Back
Top Bottom