Intel CPUS

oh thats a relief i thought they still stuck wit 32-bit but i notice the cpus: High L2 Cache but low clock speeds, thats what basically giving Core 2 Duo the big advantage, my question is can CPU's really keep up with the cache?

Yes, of course they can. It's not so much the CPU as it is the memory, can the memory keep up with the CPU. That's the real question.

It depends what standard of memory the motherboard itself supports. I'd recommend DDR2-667, it's fast and cheaper, but if you can get DDR2-800, get that.

CrossFire is getting completely revamped when R600 comes out. No more cables or anything, it uses the SLI form of connecting the cards together. A bridge. Which should increase bandwidth and become much faster. if you got any other CrossFire questions, feel free to ask. :)

oh alright, to get the most out of crossfire, do you have to use 2 crossfire video cards to make both of em faster? Can you use 1 crossfire ready and 1 not crossfire ready? Can you just use 1 crossfire ready card and let crossfire do its thing?

The Dark Cheese said:
oh alright, to get the most out of crossfire, do you have to use 2 crossfire video cards to make both of em faster? Can you use 1 crossfire ready and 1 not crossfire ready? Can you just use 1 crossfire ready card and let crossfire do its thing?

Well right now to get the most out of CF you need a CF Card, e.g X1900XTX CrossFire and then a regular X1900XTX. With R600 you no longer need that. It'll act like SLI pretty much.

With the X13xx X16xx you don't need cables or CF ready cards though. But you don't get the full SuperScaling and what not I believe.

Alright thx that clears up alot of things.

But i see your using a crossfire motherboard but your paired up with a Nvidia videocard, that still works?

Back
Top Bottom