1 more Caviar
R600
DVD burner
Speakers
Sound Card
Fans
/UPDATES

Sorry ownage, I stole your idea ;)

My first officially from scratch build. I've replaced basically every part before, but never started from nothing.

Eventually, this is what all I want to have:

I probably forgot some parts because I'm tired, but I can't think of anything else at the moment

What I still need:
E6600 (ordered, on it's way, should be here Tuesday-Wednesday)
Memory (ordered, on it's way, should be here Monday)
Cooling (ordered, on it's way, should be here Wednesday)
1 more Caviar
R600
DVD burner
Speakers
Sound Card
Some nicer case fans than the ones that come with the case

So after I get the parts I ordered this weekend, I'll have a functional computer using my X1800XT that's sitting in my closet right now and a spare DVD drive to install Vista/XP.

Anyway, I know, this thread is useless without pics, but it's late, so I'll get some up tomorrow.

not true, P5B are not picky about RAM. The motherboard is only picky on RAM because the memory manufacturer f's up the SPD of the RAM. Like the Gigabyte DS3 used to have HUGE problems with D9 chips because DS3's can't boot at 800mhz CAS 4 with 1.8V and stock vMCH.

ownage said:
not true, P5B are not picky about RAM. The motherboard is only picky on RAM because the memory manufacturer f's up the SPD of the RAM. Like the Gigabyte DS3 used to have HUGE problems with D9 chips because DS3's can't boot at 800mhz CAS 4 with 1.8V and stock vMCH.

you know a lot more about comps than me :)

Looks like a nice build to me,

what kind of RAM did you pick out?
Btw i am surprised ownage didn't rip ya a new one for the Rosewill PSU ;)

Anyway i have your other Drive for sale right now on e-bay

2 days left. Warranty on it. Just wrote 0s to it. WD 7,200 250Gig 16MB cache.

lemma know if ya want a link.

LambOfGod said:
Looks like a nice build to me,

what kind of RAM did you pick out?
Btw i am surprised ownage didn't rip ya a new one for the Rosewill PSU ;)

Anyway i have your other Drive for sale right now on e-bay

2 days left. Warranty on it. Just wrote 0s to it. WD 7,200 250Gig 16MB cache.

lemma know if ya want a link.
Yeah, sure, hit me up with the link. I shelled out for about $600 worth of parts this weekend, so I don't know if I'll get it, but it's worth a look.

The PSU is pretty nice so far actually, I'm using it for my current computer, but I may need to upgrade it when I add in the R600 graphics. We'll see if it can hold out though.

I already ordered this RAM, should be here sometime today:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145034
And yeah, I hear a lot of problems just end up being that the voltages aren't set correctly.

Pics to come later, there's a lot of stuff to get together. And I just remembered that I need a keyboard too...guess I'll take the one I'm using on this computer and move the old one that barely works from my PII to this PC.

ownage said:

I have the Asus p5n32 Premium board and didn't have any problems with it reconizing my 2 gigs. I've checked some boards and heard there were problems reconizing 4 gigs so I'm reluctant to get another 2 gigs until I hear its resolved.

O and good luck getting the z-5500 series at newegg! I was going to buy them back at xmas but they were out of stock then. There still out of stock now! They keep pushing the ET back and uping the freaking price :(

Back
Top Bottom