AMD K6-2 550Mhz replacement (just wondering)

mycompsucks9898

Baseband Member
If I come across a good deal for like a 1ghz processor or something. How would I know if its compatible with my computer? What could I replace the K6-2 with and is there a website that would show me how?

I'm just wondering but i will be PC upgrading soon.

First of all, the limit to your signature is 5 lines. Please reduce it.

And I think the fastest CPU of that type is 550 MHz, not positive though. You might want to just build a whole new PC if you have the cash, that is really old technology, we're talking almost 10 years old.

I just upgraded from a 550 mhz intel pentium III slot processor to a 1.5 (1.875 now OCed) ghz and I really don't see much of a difference at all in web surfing...

I ran XP HE on the old system with 192 mb of pc133 ram and had a cable internet connection, your connection speed is everything when web surfing, and for a lot of people, that's all they do is low end internet "stuff"...

yeah i would get a new comp , if you are in the uk whereabouts , cos i know where you can get some 2nd user systems cheap

A new comp is in the line. 550MHZ is the fastest CPU you can have...which is rather sad because THG was being able to make a Socket 7 work at 600MHZ.

They have good second hand and new PCs in Ontario, I'm sure. We have some in Quebec.

Back
Top Bottom