Who has Windows Vista already?

I was using it again today for a little while. It's just too much of a hassle to get used to the new interface right now, especially when XP already has everything I need. Once DX10 games start coming out though, I'll probably start using it as my main OS.

FYI: It was using about 600 MB of RAM with nothing open today on average.

I had Windows Vista Home Premium edition I formatted my harddrive and installed it but their werent drivers for my gpu because it wasnt supposed to support vista and got sick of the slowness I hated how my card wasn't supposed to support Vista and i hated that because my gpu wasn't supposed to support vista their wasn't going to be any driver updates. I coudlnt play games, I coudlnt watch dvd's it was really slow and i bought Home premium upgrade edition but when i was installing it their are to options Upgrade or clean install upgrade was disabled so i had to do a clean install and if you buy the upgrade version and do a clean install the serial number wont activate so it would only work for 30 days, so I had my hadrive formatted again and I got XP Pro reinstalled I love XP :)

Ive got the final version from my action pack, and its working fine so far. Only problem is there isnt a graphics driver for my laptop so the highest res i can get is 1024x768
I had the same probelm!!! the Ati Mobility Radeon 7500 32 mb gpu isnt supposed to be able to support vista and their werent driver updates and i had a 17 inch lcd hooked up to my laptop to replace my 15" lappy moniter and the highest resolution i could get was 1024x768 even though it was supposed to be 1280x1024

Trivium Nate said:
I had Windows Vista Home Premium edition I formatted my harddrive and installed it but their werent drivers for my gpu because it wasnt supposed to support vista and got sick of the slowness I hated how my card wasn't supposed to support Vista and i hated that because my gpu wasn't supposed to support vista their wasn't going to be any driver updates.
You should have downloaded vista upgrade advisor, this would have told you your problem areas, and saved you the time.
Trivium Nate said:
if you buy the upgrade version and do a clean install the serial number wont activate so it would only work for 30 days
I posted a workaround a few weeks ago for this :)

Yeah, I heard you could extend the grace period to like 120 days or something.

Back
Top Bottom