graphics card help again sigh

shankles

Baseband Member
Ok Tried EVERYTHING i possibly know of to make my geforce 7950 512 OC BFG work better but have had no succes

tried
Re-seating the card
Re-installing the drivers numorous times
-the latest drivers *93.71 i think*
-the drivers which came with the cd
Re-installed steam and CS:S
Put all settings on low INCL resolution and still get abysmal FPS ie 10-20

Starts of alright on a 10 slot server maybe 50 fps then in minutes it will be down to 9 and stay around there....

previous card was geforce 6200 Tm

specs
BFG Geforce 7950 OC 512 Ram
915P Motherboard
1 gig of ram
Pentium 4 processor 3064 ghz
11mbps internet connection
580 w Hiper PSU

Please help me i have absolutely no idea what to do

Sounds like some type of bottleneck, run task manager and look at the performance tab, see if you get any clues from that

Raffaz said:
Sounds like some type of bottleneck, run task manager and look at the performance tab, see if you get any clues from that

hey raffaz do you think it could be is psu possibley? 580 seems kinda low for that card..

EDIT: especially if its OC

I think it would be enough, it depends on what else is running tho, doesnt it? If it OCed then thats the first thing to change to get the stability back

Undo the OC, see what happens. It might not be the problem, but at least we can eliminate it then.

What kinda power does the card need on 12v rails? if its more than ur psu supplies it will be slooooow ;)

Also try tweaksrus.com for tweaked drivers made a lot of my games much quicker. I tend to find 93.81 work very well.

....so, do you not know how to put it back, or do you not think thats the problem?

Back
Top Bottom