to natalia: i want an answer on this

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
Since you work at microsoft, and i REALLY NEED THIS, can you tell me if there will be intel 915g drivers for windows vista? pleeeaeseee tell me cuz im dieing to have aero.

Your out of luck

Q3: Is Intel providing WDDM drivers for Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900 (Intel GMA 900) on Intel 915 Express chipset-based platforms?

A: Intel will provide support for WDDM drivers beginning with the Intel® 945 Express chipset family and beyond. See question 5 below for a detailed explanation of WDDM support on Intel® 915 Express chipset-based platforms.

However, Windows Vista is supported on the Intel® 845G, 865G, 915G Express desktop chipsets and 852/855GM mobile chipsets running XPDM (XP Display Driver Model) drivers for Intel graphics. Windows Vista will install on these platforms, but advanced features such as Windows Aero will not be enabled as XPDM drivers do not support Windows AERO.

i have an intel gma 945 card and i got the vista drivers today. kinds << deleted >> up my pc at first but seems ok now. didnt make much of a difference. :) ... just install vista anyway. see what happens. you can always remove it.

So... if I bought a MacBook and dualbooted Vista on it, I wouldn't be able to have Aero?

Interesting...

UK31337 said:
So... if I bought a MacBook and dualbooted Vista on it, I wouldn't be able to have Aero?

Interesting...
Yeah, basically. It will run but minus the aero. Im having the same problems with the laptop #3 in my sig.

Aero? Its basically the fancy GUI that vista has, it gives you stuff like 3dflip etc (basically its the vista eye candy) :)

my crappy laptop graphics card can run it and my ati radeon express 200 in my desktop. quite pleased about that :) ... cant run many games though :(

Back
Top Bottom