Most Advanced Games Ever.

What I love about console gaming is the simplicity. You pop in the disc and you enjoy the game. You don't have to worry if your hardware is up to spec or if you have enough hard drive space etc. All that is done for you. Of course, it is easier for developers since consoles have a set of hardware that isn't bound to change. PC gaming is far from that...you have to allow tolerances for a range of hardware which just makes your job harder.

Another thing is Xbox Live. All PC gamers can brag about how PC online multiplayer is free and all that, but there is NOTHING that comes even close to the unity of Xbox Live. The fact that everything is tied to your gamertag and what you do online is just...amazing. People can complain all they want about Xbox Live Gold's price, but it's well worth it if you experience it.

cabbspapp said:
Personally, I think the worst part about the BF series is the majority of its players. Grenade and claymore spammers are what bring my piss to a boil. There are some good servers out there though.

Hey cabbspapp how do you like that Antec 900?

Anubis1980 said:
I think the HDR in some games is way over the top. Looked far too much in Oblivion IMO.

Actually, the HDR in Oblivion wasn't that bad. Trust me...once you play Tony Hawk's Project 8 on the PS3, you'll go blind. The HDR bloom is SO insane...

alvino said:
What I love about console gaming is the simplicity. You pop in the disc and you enjoy the game. You don't have to worry if your hardware is up to spec or if you have enough hard drive space etc. All that is done for you. Of course, it is easier for developers since consoles have a set of hardware that isn't bound to change. PC gaming is far from that...you have to allow tolerances for a range of hardware which just makes your job harder.

Another thing is Xbox Live. All PC gamers can brag about how PC online multiplayer is free and all that, but there is NOTHING that comes even close to the unity of Xbox Live. The fact that everything is tied to your gamertag and what you do online is just...amazing. People can complain all they want about Xbox Live Gold's price, but it's well worth it if you experience it.

yep i agree 100%, i just like the fact that theres soo much customization with pc, i mean theres probably no custom pc's alike, which i think is pretty cool, i mean ive got the good 'ol xbox with xbox live, and i think its awesome, but once you get into pc gaming, it can become the same if not better than xbox, just becoming part of a clan, i play with internationalconflict (www.internationalconflict.com) and we play joint operations, this game is amazing online, you can get up to 250 ppl in one server at the same time with little to no lag, and we do this VERY organized, we have 333 members as of like 10minutes ago, and we have teamspeak which we log onto into our seperate areas, for instance im [ISC]7|Pvt.Bullzi, which means im part of the ISC army, im in the 7th air core (which we only fly helicopters, nothing else, apache's mainly) and im a pvt. and my name is bullzi...

now you add the tank core, the infantry, the paratroopers, and in each of these cores they divide down even further, i mean i agree that xbox gaming is soo easy, but once you get into pc gaming there really isnt anything that beats it,the fact that you can play with 64 ppl on a server on xbox live is awesome, but just not comparable to 250 very organized

Just because you can have more people on one server doesn't mean the gameplay is better. Some games are suitable with a certain amount of people.

i know, i never said that just because you have more people its better, i said you could have 250 people, im just saying that pc gaming really can be awesome when you have a good clan that you are tight nit with, and you know everybody, you get that with xbox too, theres just a lot more you can do with pc customization wise, im not one of the ppl that spends 1000bucks on a gaming pc, ive just got a radeon x300 but hey i think it beats xbox, although i dont have 360...

I was never able to try out the xbox live feature, didnt have broadband when i had my xbox and now ive given all my games away lol...bummer.

lol, yea im thinkin about selling my xbox... but it has a hole in the side, so idk if it would sell, i have 40 games though :) it works fine, and has a new laser.. idk though, theres still a few games i play

I have a modded xbox. Evolution X. It plays Sega Genesis, Nintendo, and Super Nintendo games. They are built right in. It also has so many other features. So when I am bored I play hundreds of old games. Not the most entertaining thing to do, but it keeps me busy on long days.

alvino said:
Just because you can have more people on one server doesn't mean the gameplay is better. Some games are suitable with a certain amount of people.

QFT!!!

It's like taking BF2 to FEAR. Imagine 64 people playing in a FEAR match. Absolutely ludicrous.

Back
Top Bottom