Newly Built PC fails to boot

AndyMinx

Solid State Member
Hi everyone,

I've just finished building my new PC however when I start it up all that happens is all the fans start, the DVD+RW light comes on for a few seconds and the HDD light comes on for a few secs. Apart from this, nothing else happens. No bleeps and nothing comes on the screen. :confused:

My new system spec is as follows;

Asrock ConRoe E-sataII Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Skt 775
2Gb (2X 1Gb) Kingston Value DDR667 RAM
Coolermaster 500W PSU
Sapphire ATi Radeon X1950Pro 256Mb PCI-Express
Western Digital (Caviar I think) 320Gb SATA2 HDD
Floppy
DVD+RW

Any help would be appreciated,

Andy

Well since u have a nice pc i aint gonna help :( lol

Are the power connecters all in ok? Might be 2 needed for that board, the 4 pin atx12v i think it is? needs to be plugged in too. Does the graphics card need a power plug as well? if so is that in? The memory all seated correctly as well as the CPU?

Sometimes best place to start is to strip it back down to bare minimum no drives etc and see if that works. Process of elimination.

Yep all power cables are installed correctly and all cards etc are also correct as far as I can see.

It'll be a nice PC when it works LOL!

Could be something faulty then, hope not but it happens. Again if it was me id strip it all out ( pain i know ) and put it back in checking everything again and again then if it still doesnt work and you bought them new? take them back and get a replacement.

Yeah everything was bought new.

I took everything out so all that remained was the PSU and mobo/CPU.
Fired up and got 3 beeps.

Problem is knowing what this means!
Im not sure whether they're long or short beeps LOL

Ok...checked them and I can only see 3 short beeps as base 64K memory failure. (whatever the hell that is!)

I put a stick of RAM in any slot and the beep stops but im back to the start with no beeps and nothing on the screen!

AndyMinx said:
Ok...checked them and I can only see 3 short beeps as base 64K memory failure. (whatever the hell that is!)

I put a stick of RAM in any slot and the beep stops but im back to the start with no beeps and nothing on the screen!
The computer needs RAM to boot up. That's why you got the error code.

You might have some bad RAM, or a defective motherboard I think. Can you try the RAM in another computer? Also, are you sure the monitor works?

Yeah the monitor definately works.

I'll have a play with it and see what happens!

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom