Too Noisy - Why???

danniodoo

Solid State Member
Hey,

I've got a computer and im concered about the amount of noise its giving out. Its been this loud since brand new. So loud, that when the door to the room is closed, the humming of the fan can still be heard.

Do you reckon I could take it somehwere and get a quieter fan, or is this something different??

Also, are there any processes that I could stop in order to try and slow down how much the computer has to work?

I know little about computers and all the above are just guesses. I may be talking complete rubbish but its getting to the stage now where I try not to use the computer because the noise interupts my studies :mad:

Thanks for your time
Danniodoo

The fan could just be loud because of the way it's designed. Fans are usually easy to replace, you just have to find out which fan(s) are loud, then find the right size. Do you have the make and model of your pc?

How many fans do you have in your pc? And yes you can get quieter fans, but theres a limit to how quiet they can be, they still move after all. (u shud hear mine ;) sounds like a jumbo jet in trouble)

And yes there are a few processes that can be stopped, this can speed up the pc too! It all depends on your pc though and what kind of programs you have installed, as these programs often have junk associated with them that start when windows starts. You can get registry cleaners and tools such as Tune Up Utilities which enables you to get rid of junk from the windows reg and also from the programs that start up when Windows is loaded.

cabbspapp said:
Do you have the make and model of your pc?

Yup - Its a Philips Freevents - Pentium 4 / 3.2GHz. Has a gig of ram.

Dont get me wrong, its fast and good. Just too God Damn noisy lol

Im pretty sure its a philips freevents MT2400

Its a freevents MT**** - I know that much for sure. The 2400 seems to have the same specs.

Im sorry i am so vague

Its a desktop - not a laptop.

did you but thid computer brand new ?

and yeah i would get a quiter fan

yeah computer was brand new - 1st one broke after a couple of months. decided to go for a philips instead. Going strong (And noisy) lol

just get a new case fan or fans , also have you dusted it out

yeah - i dusted it out the other day in a desparate attempt to quieten it. It wasnt too bad. Ive had the problem of noise since it was brand new. Looking around the site, it seems to be a problem with a lot of computers. I suppose they run so fast nowadays. It just kicks so much out the whole time, even when theres no programs running and its just the desktop.

Damn the sutpid thing lol

Back
Top Bottom