Who has Windows Vista already?

Yeah, I only have 1GB of RAM and while it works fine, sometimes I get the feeling that it's being held back a bit. Eh, I'm not TOO concerned yet. We'll see what the future holds for Vista. :)

alvino said:
Yeah, I only have 1GB of RAM and while it works fine, sometimes I get the feeling that it's being held back a bit. Eh, I'm not TOO concerned yet. We'll see what the future holds for Vista. :)

Well it was designed for the future too. So maybe they packed it all in with DDR3 and maybe DDR4 in mind? IDK, but if they did then DDR3 and DDR4 had better be pretty good performers.

I'm just wondering what Microsoft put in the OS in mind for the future, surly a lot of new hardware is going to come out within the next 10 years that will make Vista rune as smooth as a baby's ass. :D

haha, reading this thread is quite entertaining.. im sitting here running vista on 512 ram absolutley no problems.. 3GB minimum for it to run? rubbish.. if you needed that, i wouldnt be sitting here typing now..

I'm probably not going to get Vista until DX10 games start to become more abundant.

I think the hype about being a resource hog is a bit exaggerating. I'm using 1GB, using an old Athlon 64 3500+ CPU (not dual core by the way), DX9 video card, and it runs great. Super fast and haven't had any significant problems. I'm glad that everything's running smoothly.......

TRDCorolla said:
I think the hype about being a resource hog is a bit exaggerating. I'm using 1GB, using an old Athlon 64 3500+ CPU (not dual core by the way), DX9 video card, and it runs great. Super fast and haven't had any significant problems. I'm glad that everything's running smoothly.......

yeah, id agree with this, it runs perfectly fine on 512RAM on my puter, it doesnt freeze, doesnt crash, doesnt struggle to run programs...

I'm running Vista Business that I got from work on our partnership program. I had ultimate for a while and I miss it now, but this is a lisenced copy and it was free :) I like it so far, everything is running very smooth and with the new forceware beta drivers the gaming has even gotten decent (I still switch back to xp to do most of my gaming though, thank god for dual booting.) all in all everyone who says, "oh you need a dual core and 10 gigs of ram" is full of it. my boss has business running on a laptop with a mobility x800 and 512mb of ram and it still runs smooth. vista reconizes how much ram you have and sets up or processes accordingly.

Sorry, i meant USB HDD lol. Didn't want to wipe over my xp, incase Vista sucked.

if you wanted to test out vista, you can always buy another internal hhd..they are not that expensive, and if you don't like what Vista has to offer, you can use the drive as a slave drive.

Back
Top Bottom